As a member of the global CEC team, the Staff Accountant will provide accounting expertise to support the day-to-day financial and operational management of the team in various accounting areas which may include accounts payable, general ledger close, tax, statutory accounting, and audit. The primary focus of this position is providing accounting support for the CEC, with a focus on the following:
· Support Monthly Close process and prepare journal entries
· Provide support for the annual budget process for the CEC
· Provide support for audits and ensure compliance with MIP-44
· Perform general ledger processing and provide reports
· Provide support for accounts payable & accounts receivable processing
· Provide support for bank reconciliations
· Record and process transactions accurately and timely.
· Review general ledger during period close to ensure reasonable and accurate.
· Provide support/reviews and critiques period results.
· Prepare JE's related to CEC (includes all standard period close entries as well as any re-classes & charge outs)
· Prepare monthly Balance Sheet
· Provide accounting support for annual forecasting/budget process for units under his/her responsibility which includes preparation of detail forecast/budgets, and allocations.
· Ensure Profit & Loss (P&L) statements are accurate; costs are recorded properly and statements distributed to the appropriate stakeholders in a timely manner.
· Partner with FBP BMSC and CEC Unit leaders and other stakeholders to ensure compliance with MIP-44.
· Ensure timely and accurate processing of vendor payment and staff expense reimbursement.
· Ensure timely and accurate processing of intercompany billing and payment.
· Ensure timely and accurate invoicing of intercompany rebilling expenses and collection.
· Ensure timely and accurate submission of GST.
· Assist in audits
· Provide support and back-up detail for bank reconciliation process
· Support a strong accounting and operational control environment to safeguard assets, improve operations, profitability and mitigate risk.
· Perform other duties as assigned.
Marriott International is the world's largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?
Ideal candidate profile
· BS/BA in accounting, finance or related field; or if no degree, a minimum of 6 years' experience.
· 2+ years of relevant accounting/finance experience, including accounts receivable, accounts payable (and statutory accounting for positions supporting Asia, Europe & MEA).
· Thorough knowledge of the principles, procedures, and techniques of accounting, and of financial records and transactions including, but not limited to, generally accepted accounting principles
· Strong communications in English; organization and presentation skills
· Proficient knowledge of Excel required
· Knowledge of operating procedures, controls and governances
· Ability to leverage resources in the accomplishment of objectives
· Exceptional organizational skills. Effective in prioritizing work and following through on commitments. Project management skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work with and communicate effectively with all levels of management
· Effective decision-making skills; can choose a prompt course of action amongst options involving uncertainty or risk
· Strong problem-solving skills; encourages innovative solutions when appropriate
· Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with both internal and external customers. Collaborative approach with market teams and business partners
· Actively pursues learning and self-development to enhance personal and professional growth; shares knowledge and expertise with others
· High degree of initiative and ability to work effectively in teams or independently
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.