About KPMG Enterprise
Our team of professionals help our clients\u0027 manage risk so they can focus on their core business. By intimately understanding each client's business, we convert information into insights to uncover hidden opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance.
Role description and responsibilities
KPMG is looking for staff accountants to join their team in the Kamloops location. Working with the management team and the partners, you will assist with various types of engagements that will consist of audit, review and notice to reader engagements.
Specific responsibilities include:
· Preparing working papers and financial statements for audit, review and notice to reader engagement
· Preparing Canadian personal and corporate income tax returns
· Maintaining client files to ensure compliance with regulating bodies
· Developing and maintaining client relationships
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and must agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the requirements of their job. Likewise, employees will sometime need time to devote to personal matters and KPMG provides this flexibility.
Skills and qualifications
· Accounting/business diploma.
· Enrollment in the CPA program.
· Excellent computer skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in a team environment.
· Proven ability to monitor and uphold high quality of service and products to both internal and external clients.
· Strong time management, planning, and organizing skills.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear. Capable of confidently conveying messages in a credible and persuasive manner.
· Proven ability to sustain a high level of drive enthusiasm, and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work. Capacity for working hard to meet demands at key times of pressure. Resilient in the face of challenges or obstacles.
· Skilled at developing an understanding of the client businesses, the issues they face, and the markets they operate in
· Driven to continuously learn from experiences and seek out feedback and development opportunities.
Why Choose KPMG? Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is essential. Watch this video to see the type of people that thrive at KPMG.
Location Kamloops, BC ,Our Values, The KPMG Way
We lead by example | We work together | We respect the individual
We seek the facts and provide insight | We are open and honest in our communication
We are committed to our communities | Above all, we act with integrity
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process , please contact the HR Shared Service Centre by email or by phone at 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 (Option 1). KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
Category Accounting Service Line KPMG Enterprise ,Industry Not Applicable