Sr. Associate, AI, NLP, and Platforms Consultant
36311 - 6
Business Support Services
Area of Interest:
Innovate. Collaborate. Shine. Lighthouse – KPMG's Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics – has both applied data science, AI, and big data architecture capabilities. Here, you'll work with a diverse team of sophisticated data and analytics professionals to explore the solutions for clients in a platform-diverse environment. This means your ability to find answers is limited only by your creativity in leveraging a vast array of techniques and tools. Be a part of a high-energy, diverse, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. For you, that translates into the chance to work on a wide range of projects – covering technologies and solutions from AI to optimization – and the power to have a real impact in the business world. So, bring your creativity and pioneering spirit to KPMG Lighthouse.
KPMG is currently seeking a Sr. Associate to join ourKPMG Lighthouse - Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics.
· Work in multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams to translate business objectives into artificial intelligence approaches and objectives; capture business domains into knowledge bases, taxonomies, and ontologies across different areas (risk management, financial services, mergers and acquisitions, and public policy)
· Work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with both virtual and face-to-face interactions; utilize structured approaches to solving problems, managing risks, and documenting assumption while communicating results and educating others through insightful visualizations, reports, and presentations
· Build ingestion processes to prepare, extract, and annotate a rich data variety of unstructured data sources (social media, news, internal/external documents, images, video, voice, emails, financial data, and operational data)
· Leverage a variety of tools and approaches to solve complex business objectives (Statistical Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval/Extraction, Machine Learning/ Deep Learning, Image Processing, Rules Engines, Knowledge Graphs, and Semantic Search)
· Deliver on engagement milestones by following analytics processes to manage and mitigate risks in data, modeling, validation, and delivery; Work with others to clear issues
· Refactor deploy and validate models; work with clients iteratively to validate performance metrics, and sample output to drive towards a business-first solution; utilize APIs, platforms, containers, multi-threading, distributed processing to achieve throughput goals
· Minimum of three years of experience leading work streams with two plus data scientists, engineers, and other data & analytics professionals, including innovation, quality management, utilizing analytics, software development processes, and modeling processes (data discovery, cleaning, model selection, validation, and deployment); Multidisciplinary backgrounds is preferred
· Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD degree from an accredited college/university in a quantitative discipline, such as Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics, including one plus year of training specific to artificial intelligence
· Ability to apply artificial intelligence techniques to achieve concrete business goals; ability to work with the business to understand available resources and constraints around data (sources, integrity, and definitions), processing platforms, and security; provide assistance, and resolve problems, using solid problem-solving skills, verbal/written communication
· Understanding of data preparation, machine learning, deep learning, natural language processing; ability to discuss pros and cons of modeling approaches; Understanding of development practices such as testing, code design, complexity, and code optimization
· Fluency in Python; proficiency in AI related frameworks (NLTK, Spacy, Scikit-Learn, Tensorflow); and experience with platforms (Google Cloud, Azure, and AWS); Ability to work with a variety of databases (SQL, ElasticSearch, Solr, Neo4j)
· Ability to travel up to eighty percent of the time; Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, sex/gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, pregnancy, veteran status, unfavorable discharge from military service or military status, genetic information, genetic disposition and or carrier status, domestic violence status, personal appearance, family responsibility, matriculation or political affiliation, status with regard to public assistance, or other legally protected status. KPMG maintains a drug-free workplace. KPMG will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable local, state or federal law (including San Francisco Ordinance number 131192). No phone calls or agencies please.