Title: Service Desk Technician
Business Unit: Information Technology Services Operations * Jhb
Reporting to: Operations Manager
Purpose of the Job:
The IT Services (ITS) technician is accountable for the repair and installation of software and hardware in KPMG. This includes the diagnostic evaluation and repair of machines in a workshop environment, as well as desk side support as and when it is needed. In addition, special projects, as needed, can be assigned. Client service is to be provided within any scope of clients as defined by KPMG.
Key job duties or responsibilities:
• Taking calls on the Service Desk - telephonically or walk-in, in a professional manner.
• General technician duties including desk side support and physically moving machines from time to time.
• Providing excellent application support to our user base.
• Compliance to ITS technical and operational policies and procedures.
• Technical competence in supporting user configuration problems.
• To provide a 100% repaired, working and handed over machine to the user's satisfaction.
• Logging, prioritising and solving of IT queries directly with users as well as following up on outstanding calls.
• Reducing downtime and ensuring that IT business problems receive the right level of attention from IT Services.
• All other reasonable requests within the ITS environment
Critical Technical Skills or competencies
• Previous technical experience in service desk user support including hardware and software troubleshooting.
• Experience gained in a LAN and WAN environment
Critical Interpersonal or Interactive skills
• Well spoken and exceptional people and telephone skills
• Efficient, friendly, helpful and professional
• Excellent problem solving and good time management skills
• Ability to function well in a high pressure environment.
• Sense of urgency.
• Personal effectiveness and a high level of self management.
• Team player and taking ownership of problems
• Customer service orientated.
• Attention to detail.
Qualifications and experience
• Matric/ Grade 12
• A+ and N+ , ITIL Foundation V3 would be advantageous
• Above average working knowledge of Windows
• 2 -3 years' working experience in service desk, and supporting Ms Office 2013 applications
• 1 year working experience in Skype for Business
• Previous experience of working in an IT support role
• Ability to operate tools, components and peripheral accessories
• Software and Hardware Troubleshooting