Data Analyst / Data Management Specialist with a Financial Services focus
· Be a key part of our growth & innovation strategy
· Multiple positions available - Melbourne, Sydney
· Flexible working options available! KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex
challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
You will work in a rapidly growing part of KPMG's Management Consulting Practice with projects that span multiple locations and industry sectors.
Our highly skilled Data & Analytics team helps our clients to use their data resources for creating value, enhancing competitiveness and driving business decisions within Data & Analytics
We provide unique services through delivering consulting projects, custom analytics work, proofs of concept, fantastic face to face and on-line trainings and accreditations for our brightest minds around data and advanced analytics.
Our team is seeking data analytics specialists to support our ambitious growth strategy. Working in our team you'll be mixing with some of the brightest minds while working on significant commercial projects - solving real world problems at some of the nation's most respected companies, using some of the most exciting and interesting data you wouldn't normally have access to.
You bring to the role
You'll be working collaboratively within a team environment and building strong client relationships. Joining our team you'll be working across projects that are applying data solutions to solve client problems by:
•Helping clients establish a vision for analytics and information management and driving execution of the roadmap, including enterprise data architecture, big data, analytics, content and data management.
•Working in teams including our own - as well as our clients' - data architects, analysts, scientists and engineers to deliver the solutions that fulfil our clients' business information needs and align their information vision, strategy and execution.
•Supporting clients with data management and data governance processes - utilising tools such as Collibra, Informatica, Talend, Alex and Alteryx
•Solving challenging problems with advanced analytics techniques - using statistical tools like R, MATLAB, Python, SAS and SPSS.
You bring to the role
You will describe yourself as one of these analytics roles and bring relevant experience in your chosen area:
· Data Analyst: Analysing and business consulting with data - using relational databases (SQL), data workbench & visualisation tools for project delivery, applying business logic and interpreting results
· Data Management Specialist : Understanding, managing and governing data by applying data management principles, tools and techniques. Defining data strategy & governance frameworks, data lifecycle management, business & technical operating models for data management, risk/opportunity assessment and data quality assessment & remediation. You'll demonstrate your experience in a consulting environment and/or experience within industry where you have developed your subject matter expertise and led others. You'll need to bring an ability to work collaboratively within a team environment and to build strong client relationships. We're looking for talented people, team players and progressive thinkers who can communicate their ideas convincingly.
• Have a strong background and experience in Financial Services - Banking either as a consultant or in an industry role
• Have deep experience with some of the current challenges facing Financial Services - Banking clients around data• Experience and knowledge of some / all of the current Banking drivers such as Financial Crime, Conduct Risk, Open Banking, Cost Optimisation, Regulatory/Financial Reporting, etc.
• Have a questioning mind and intellectual curiosity
• Be a critical thinker with strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Be comfortable with manipulating and combining large, high dimensional datasets from multiple sources
• Have an ability to interpret findings and identify key insights to communicate to a non-technical audience
• Have demonstrated experience building relationships with internal and/or external clients and leading teams
• Be passionate about delivering high quality work
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Advertised: 27 Aug 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 21 Sep 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time