KPMG is one of the leading audit practices in the UK whose success and reputation depends upon the quality and integrity of our services - and our people. If you join our audit team, you could benefit from increased amounts of training and education to keep you up to speed with current changes in audit regulation and accounting and auditing standards.
KPMG Milton Keynes touches on a significant proportion of businesses in the area, from innovative and fast-growing SMEs through to major multinationals and large listed companies. We have over 80 staff based in our Milton Keynes office providing primarily corporate audit services with some audits in the financial services, pensions and public sectors, in addition to tax and advisory services to businesses in key sectors such as the automotive, construction, leisure, business services, technology and retail industries.
The audit practice is made up of approximately 50 staff, led by 2 Partners. Our clients cross a huge range of sectors and include FTSE listed businesses such as an online real estate portal, automobile manufacturers including a luxury brand and motor racing association, and a large chain of health clubs. The patch covers a geographical area from Northamptonshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire in the West, and North Hertfordshire in the South. We also service a large number of global clients and our teams from Milton Keynes audit businesses in a large number of countries.
We are looking for recently qualified accountants to join the audit practice in our Milton Keynes office. As an assistant manager you will get to work with a wide range of clients within a cross functional office. Our client base is from a wide range of business sectors, ranging in size from owner-managed businesses to multi-national organisations. Many of our clients are subsidiaries of overseas companies giving our work a truly international perspective.
- Planning and project managing all aspects of audits
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager on a day to day basis
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Demonstrating practical knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS, and IAS
- Experience of US GAAP would be an advantage although not essential
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits.
- Identifies and pursues business opportunities
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work
- Continuously learns from experiences
- Seeks out feedback and development opportunities
- Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback
- Coaches less experienced staff
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
- Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)
Qualifications and Skills
· Recently qualified ACA or equivalent qualification
· We will also consider candidates who are exam qualified and nearing full qualification
· Recent and significant experience as an external auditor in a top 10 professional services environment, including exposure to mixed sector corporate clients
· Good working knowledge of IFRS
· Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word