Joining KPMG means joining a talented team of exceptional colleagues who bring innovative thoughts and a natural curiosity to the work they do each day. No one type of person succeeds at KPMG; a diverse business requires diverse personalities, characters and perspectives. There really is a place for you here.
KPMG has one of the leading Indirect Tax practices in the UK.
We work as a national practice providing advice and support in all aspects of Indirect Tax (VAT, Customs Duty, Green taxes) to a broad range of business sectors including large multi-nationals, household name retailers and public sector organisations.
The Indirect Tax practice is a fast-growing and dynamic business, currently with 13 partners and approximately 240 professional staff in the UK.
The role in question is with the Trade & Customs team.
Trade & Customs
KPMG has a large team of Trade & Customs specialists, based out of our London offices but working with our clients across the whole of the UK and beyond. Within the team we have deep specialists in areas such as valuation, classification, origin and suspension /reliefs. We work closely with our colleagues both in Indirect Tax, other areas of Tax such as Transfer Pricing, and the wider Advisory business to deliver value to KPMG’s clients; we offer a wide range of services including pure advisory, reviews and preparation of reclaims.
Roles and Responsibilities
You will be a key member of our team:
· Providing high quality Indirect Tax advisory services on a broad range of indirect tax issues to a wide range of clients;
· Maintaining, developing and ultimately managing KPMG’s strong relationships with clients;
· Developing innovative solutions and opportunities for our clients;
· Assisting in the implementation of business development initiatives;
· Developing more junior members of the team from both a technical and commercial perspective;
· Working closely with senior managers, directors and partners who will provide you with the support and opportunities to assist you in realising your full potential.
Experience and Skills
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who would like to be part of a successful and growing team. You should be someone who:
· Takes personal responsibility and accountability for their work;
· Is driven and committed;
· Is ambitious and motivated to grow personally;
· Shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude;
· Seeks out feedback and development opportunities; Identifies and pursues business opportunities;
· Gives clear direction and is able to provide positive, constructive feedback;
· Is willing to coach less experienced staff;
· Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues and clients;
· Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information;
· Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear; and
· Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients