At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
We are currently recruiting Tax Assistant Managers to join our successful National Private Client teams within in our Bristol, Birmingham, London, Leeds, Manchester and Reading offices.
As a national practice our Private Client department consists of 162 team members across the UK, led by 5 Partners and 17 Directors. We work with a variety of high net worth individuals – from stakeholders in privately owned and entrepreneurial businesses, executives of multi-national firms, landed estates and senior members of private equity firms; who may be tax resident and/or domiciled in a range of jurisdictions. We also specialise in providing advice to Trusts and Estates, and Partnerships.
If you are a highly motivated qualified tax adviser/ accountant (ATT, CTA or ACA/ACCA) with experience of working in personal tax, then we’d love to hear from you. We recognise that there are also highly motivated individuals who are qualified though experience and may not yet be exam qualified and we are open to considering such individuals also.
As a successful candidate, you will join “The Academy” which is our new 4-week intensive program designed to offer an immersive and wide-ranging tax technical and practical learning experience for high achieving individuals who are interested in working in a highly advisory focused Private Client role. You will train alongside other successful recruits from across the country as well as our existing national Assistant Manager population which will provide you with the opportunity to start building your internal network at KPMG, whilst equipping you with the skills necessary to succeed within our Private Client team.
Following completion of the Academy training, you will be ready to join your chosen Private Client office/team as an Assistant Manager and put the skills you have learnt into practice as you begin to manage your own portfolio of clients, supported by existing team members.
The role entails working with high net worth individuals, entrepreneurial businesses and shareholder owned companies providing a mixture of advisory and compliance services on a wide range of personal tax matters.
More specifically, some of the responsibilities will include:-
- Ensuring the delivery of a high quality personal tax service to our clients;
- Managing a diverse portfolio of more complex clients and being able to provide personal tax advice on a wide range of assignments including inheritance tax, capital gains tax, and international tax matters; and identifying opportunities to advise your portfolio of clients in relation to these taxes;
- Providing original and creative thinking to solve tax problems, frequently leading to providing wholly bespoke tax advice and solutions on one-off assignments;
- Project managing tax advisory assignments to ensure deadlines, risk management and compliance procedures are all met;
- Managing work in progress and ensuring prompt billing and cash collection.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Qualified accountant or tax advisor with experience working in a personal tax focussed environment with exposure to a varied client base.
- Academically strong results in career to date coupled with a keen and insightful understanding of the issues facing private clients.
- An ability to work as part of a team as well as on their own initiative.
- A commitment to clients, colleagues and KPMG.
- High level of analytical skills and a commercial approach to resolving issues and providing advice.
- Strong interpersonal skills are required in addition to strong oral and written communication skills.
In particular, the role will suit either a high performing Assistant Manager keen to work with an exciting client base and keen to progress, or a recently qualified individual looking to gain exposure to a dynamic and entrepreneurial team.
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues flexible working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are. That’s why we introduced ‘Our Deal’ – it’s our way of saying ‘thank you’ for bringing your best to work. As part of ‘Our Deal’, you’ll benefit from a range of rewards from secondment opportunities and preferential banking services to a day off on your birthday and have open, honest conversations about your career development.