KPMG is part of a global network of firms that offers Audit, Tax & Pensions, Consulting, Deal Advisory and Technology services. Through the talent of over 16,000 colleagues, we bring our creativity and insight to our clients’ most critical challenges.
With offices across the UK, we work with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable. Our work is often complex, yet our vision is simple: to be the clear choice for our clients, for our people and for the communities we work in.
KPMG's Global Mobility Services (GMS) practice is a diverse and fast-growing area of our Tax business. We serve high-profile engagements touching every corner of the world. We are looking for remarkable candidates, ready for early assumption of responsibilities and close, regular contact with our team leadership.
The Global Mobility Services (GMS) team in Bristol is currently experiencing growth and specifically we now have opportunities for Assistant Managers in our team. Feedback from recent recruits has shown that we are able to offer a broad range of interesting client advisory work and a lot of responsibility is given to our Assistant Managers in moulding and running client engagements. This team offers opportunity to grow technically and professionally at fast pace with quick progression. The candidate would work directly with Senior Management and a high performer would be able to make a strong impression almost immediately on the business.
Role and Responsibilities
- Building and maintaining good relationships with clients
- Being the day to day contact for allocated clients
- Review of tax returns, and preparation/review of Income Tax/NIC calculations
- Conduct arrival/departure briefings
- Contributing to client service teams, helping ensure they function smoothly and effectively
- Preparation of written advice for clients, and helping to advise clients on GMS issues
- Project management of advisory projects carried out for clients
- Ensuring clients are provided with up to date information on GMS developments
- Involvement in business development/proposals
- Managing and coaching more junior staff
- Working with large clients/mid-size clients
- Coordination with overseas member firms to provide cross border advice and tax compliance issues
Qualifications and Skills
- ATT qualified or equivalent professional qualification..
Experience and Background
- International tax services experience with UK Expat tax background, including tax briefings, tax returns and advisory
-Experience of working with global assignee populations and experience of immigration, social security and compensation accumulation for different countries
- Energetic, committed, and ambitious
- High level personal responsibility and accountability for own work
- Capacity to receive positive, constructive feedback
- Analytical; identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
- Communicates with impact, both in speech and writing, and in a way that is open, honest, consistent, and clear
- Safeguards and enhances the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
- Motivated by a passion for the international aspects of our work, professional proficiency, and a desire to serve and lead excellent global service teams
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Flexible, positive outlook, with a commitment to team working
- Excellent organisational skills and ability to work under own initiative
- Capable of working to deadlines, showing resilience under pressure and ability to apply knowledge to non-routine situations
- You should be able to demonstrate sound professional judgement including the ability to identify issues/concerns and consult where appropriate with more senior staff