Sr. Associate, Big Data Software Engineer, Financial Services
Description de l'offre
Sr. Associate, Big Data Software Engineer, Financial Services
37831 - 64
Business Support Services
Area of Interest:
Innovate. Collaborate. Shine. Lighthouse – KPMG's Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics – has both applied data science, AI, and big data architecture capabilities. Here, you'll work with a diverse team of sophisticated data and analytics professionals to explore the solutions for clients in a platform-diverse environment. This means your ability to find answers is limited only by your creativity in leveraging a vast array of techniques and tools. Be a part of a high-energy, diverse, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. For you, that translates into the chance to work on a wide range of projects – covering technologies and solutions from AI to optimization – and the power to have a real impact in the business world. So, bring your creativity and pioneering spirit to KPMG Lighthouse.
KPMG is currently seeking a Sr. Associate to join ourKPMG Lighthouse - Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics to work with our Financial Services team.
· Rapidly architect, design, prototype, implement, and optimize architectures to tackle the Big Data and Data Science needs for a variety of Fortune 1000 corporations and other major organizations; develop modular code base to solve real world problems and conduct regular peer code reviews to ensure code quality and compliance following best practices in the industry
· Work in cross-disciplinary teams with KPMG industry professionals to understand client needs and ingest rich data sources (social media, news, internal/external documents, emails, financial data, and operational data)
· Research, experiment, and utilize leading Big Data methodologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Netezza, SAP HANA, and AWS) with cloud/on premise/hybrid hosting solutions; Provide proficient documentation and operating guidance for users of all levels
· Translate advanced business analytics problems into technical approaches that yield actionable recommendations, across multiple, diverse domains; communicate results and educate others through design and build of insightful visualizations, reports and presentations
· Develop skills in business requirement capture and translation, hypothesis-driven consulting, work stream and project management, and client relationship development; Help promote the KPMG brand in the broader data analytics community
· Help drive the process for pursuing innovations, target solutions, and extendable platforms for Lighthouse, KPMG, and clients; Participate in developing and presenting thought leadership, and help to ensure that the Lighthouse technology stack incorporates and is optimized for using specific technologies
· Minimum of four years of big data experience with multiple programming languages and technologies (at least two years related to professional services preferred); or PhD in related field
· Bachelor's degree or Master's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
· Proficient ability to rapidly ingest, transform, engineer, and visualize data for both ad hoc and product-level (e.g., automated) data & analytics solutions; Strong knowledge with programming methodologies (version control, testing, QA) and development methodologies (Waterfall and Agile); Ability to work efficiently under Unix/Linux environment or .NET, experience with source code management systems like GIT and SVN; Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical team members
· Market-leading fluency in several programming languages (Python, Scala, or Java) with the ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly; Understanding of cloud and distributed systems principles (load balancing, networks, scaling, in-memory vs. disk); experience with large-scale big data methods (MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, or Storm); Full-stack development capability is preferred
· Experience with object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering (commercial or open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures; Familiarity with different architecture patterns of development (such as Event Driven, SOA, micro services, functional programming, Lambda); Capability to architect highly scalable distributed systems using different open source tools
· Ability to work with other technical team members to assess needs, provide assistance, and resolve technical problems; Understand engagement objectives which includes a clear understanding of the client's business problem and how the engagement helps address the client's business problem
· Ability to travel up to eighty percent of the time; Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Theattached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.
Voici d'autres offres qui pourraient te plaire
À propos de KPMG SA
KPMG est un groupe d’audit, de conseil et d’expertise comptable dont Michael J.Andrew est le président depuis 2011. Le groupe est présent dans 156 pays à l’aide d’un réseau de cabinet indépendant, membre de KMPG International. KPMG est né en 1986 de la fusion entre deux grands groupes, Peat Marwick International (PMI) et Klynveld Main Goerdeler (KMG). En 2012, le groupe a réalisé un chiffre d’affaires en 2012 de 23,03 milliards de dollars et employait près de 152 000 personnes à travers le monde, il fait aujourd’hui parti des Big Four de l’audit.
KPMG France est présent dans 217 villes françaises et compte aujourd’hui près de 70 000 clients dans différents secteurs et dont font partie de grands groupes tels que EADS, Total ou encore EDF.