At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
The Manchester pensions team is growing significantly due to substantial new business wins. Therefore we are recruiting within our trustee services team to help deliver actuarial and administration advice to a large portfolio of clients in new and innovative ways. This is the opportunity to be part of this exciting and growing business.
Role and Responsibilities
• Produce technically excellent and consistently accurate calculations with clear audit trail
• Produce high quality deliverables addressing key client issues
• Manage your own time and that of reports effectively to consistently meet all deadlines
• Take responsibility for and manage small projects / audits (including appropriate delegation fee analysis and billing)
• Regularly monitor all aspects of risk compliance
• Show awareness of commercial issues and occasionally applying this to identify potential opportunities for clients
• Complete all aspects of pension scheme statutory funding valuations ready for the Scheme Actuary to review.
• Completed a good proportion of the actuarial exams
Experience and Background
• Good understanding of UK pensions landscape and issues facing clients
• Experience of checking actuarial calculations and reports for Scheme Actuaries to review
• Consistently able to work at high level of intensity whilst maintaining a professional and positive approach
• Fully engaged and taking responsibility for own performance
• Contributes to the development of others
We recognise that as individuals, we each have particular needs and that one size doesn’t fit all, when it comes to how, when and where you work. That’s why we’re proud to offer our colleagues agile working options. We believe in putting you at the centre of your career – KPMG will offer the training, development and stimulating work environment to help you get to where your career ambitions are