Responsibilities & Profile
Your contribution to KPMG
· Conduct integrated audits of multinational companies or Swiss subsidiaries of U.S. companies including reporting to KPMG U.S. and other group auditors
· Audit spin-offs, disposals, opening balance sheets and acquired businesses in connection with various business combinations
· Support other transaction based projects that require US GAAP and SEC reporting expertise (comfort letters, agreed-upon procedures and reviews of registration statements)
· Process financial statement conversions to US GAAP
· Deliver accounting advisory and SOX advisory services to non-audit clients
· Coach Swiss-based audit teams on technical US accounting, auditing and reporting inquiries
· Conduct internal and external US GAAP and US GAAS training
This is what makes you successful
· Strong knowledge of US GAAP, US GAAS/PCAOB and SEC requirements and US audit methodology
· Minimum 2-3 years of recent integrated (SOX and US GAAP/PCAOB) audit experience either with KPMG or another Big 4 firm
· Preferably accounting degree (CPA, ACCA or equivalent)
· Proficiency in researching accounting and auditing issues
· Strong project management skills
· Ability to deliver high quality services under tight deadlines
· Highly motivated, curious and proactive team player with a positive attitude
· Proficient English skills
Targeted career development and internal and external attractive training and further education options
Possibilities for global and Switzerland-wide mobility across all sectors and locations
25-30 days of leave, option for compensation of overtime (with the exception of management staff); management staff receive an additional 4 to 6 days of leave
Maternity leave of 16 weeks, paternity leave of 5 days and free advice from the external family service
Ancillary benefits may apply to certain positions (e.g. fixed-contract positions).
Your salary in this position will be in line with industry standards and will depend on your professional experience and education. During the recruitment process we will negotiate your salary with you according to our guidelines. Any salary ranges published on external platforms for this position have not been agreed with KPMG and do not apply.
KPMG as an employer
Your future team
A position in the USARG will allow you to gain valuable experience in technical accounting and auditing areas in a dynamic international setting. If you are eager to broaden your experience and improve your skill set and résumé, we can offer you opportunities to realize your full potential. Benefit from our comprehensive training both on and off the job as part of our ongoing technical and topical training curriculum, enabling new joiners at any level to increase proficiency in technical and commercial matters.
KPMG is one of the leading financial audit and advisory services firms in the world. Its international network makes it possible for KPMG to offer clients clear and consistent solutions locally thanks to cross-border know-how. KPMG Switzerland advises both internationally active firms and regionally active SMEs. In addition to quality and industry knowledge, one thing is key for us: client proximity. Together with our clients and organised around their needs, we develop tailor-made solutions in the audit, tax and advisory fields, within the framework of the rules of independence.