Data Analytics Developer
46910 - 26
Area of Interest:
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today's most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It's also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it's no wonder we're consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you're as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Data Analytics Developer to join our Advisory Technology Organization.
· Architect, design, prototype, implement, and optimize architectures to tackle the Big Data and Data Science needs for a variety of Fortune 1000 corporations and other major organizations; develop modular code base to solve real world problems and conduct regular peer code reviews to ensure code quality and compliance following best practices in the industry
· Work in cross-disciplinary teams with KPMG industry professionals to understand client needs and ingest rich data sources (social media, news, internal/external documents, emails, financial data, and operational data)
· Research, experiment, and utilize leading Big Data methodologies (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, Netezza, SAP HANA, and AWS) with cloud/on premise/hybrid hosting solutions; Provide proficient documentation and operating guidance for users of all levels
· Translate advanced business analytics problems into technical approaches that yield actionable recommendations, across multiple, diverse domains; communicate results and educate others through design and build of insightful visualizations, reports and presentations
· Develop skills in business requirement capture and translation, hypothesis-driven consulting, work stream and project management, and client relationship development; promote the KPMG brand in the broader data analytics community
· Help drive the process for pursuing innovations, target solutions, and extendable platforms for Lighthouse, KPMG, and clients; Participate in developing and presenting thought leadership, and help to ensure that the Lighthouse technology stack incorporates and is optimized for using specific technologies
· Minimum four years of big data experience with multiple programming languages and technologies with at least two years related to professional services is preferred; or PhD in related field
· Bachelor's degree or Master's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
· Proficient ability to rapidly ingest, transform, engineer, and visualize data for both ad hoc and product-level (e.g., automated) data & analytics solutions; Strong knowledge with programming methodologies (version control, testing, QA) and development methodologies (Waterfall and Agile) with the ability to work efficiently under Unix/Linux environment or .NET, experience with source code management systems like GIT and SVN
· Prior knowledge with market-leading fluency in several programming languages (Python, Scala, or Java) with the ability to pick up new languages and technologies quickly; understanding of cloud and distributed systems principles (load balancing, networks, scaling, in-memory vs. disk) with experience with large-scale big data methods (MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, or Storm); Full-stack development capability is preferred
· Experience with object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering (commercial or open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures; Familiarity with different architecture patterns of development (such as Event Driven, SOA, micro services, functional programming, Lambda); Capability to architect highly scalable distributed systems using different open source tools
· Able to work with other technical team members to assess needs, provide assistance, and resolve technical problems; Understand engagement objectives which includes a clear understanding of the client's business problem and how the engagement helps address the client's business problem
· Ability to travel as necessary
· Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Theattached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.