Overview of the opportunity:
KPMG Corporate Intelligence protects its clients by helping them better understand the backgrounds of individuals and companies with whom they are considering doing business. Corporate Intelligence performs investigative and integrity due diligence for an international client base in a wide range of industries. The team also supports a range of other business units within KPMG such as Deal Advisory, and Assurance.
This is a 1-year contract position with the intention of hiring full time upon completion of the contract if the candidate is a suitable fit to the role.
What you will do:
This is primarily a research role, qualitative in nature and is not accounting-focused.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not restricted to:
· Conducting desktop-based research using a variety of public record sources, including media, internet, litigation, commercial registries and corporate databases in a variety of countries and languages
· Sourcing public record information from subscriber and other sources, including using external third parties where necessary
· Using investigative research skills to deliver high-quality time-critical reports to clients, both internal and external
· Participating in the development of research, thought leadership and other marketing efforts on behalf of the Corporate Intelligence team
· Assisting in the preparation of proposals to clients and supporting the business
What you bring to the role:
· Proficiency with LexisNexis, Quicklaw, Internet search engines and other subscriber sources for public information
· Familiarity with legal and financial databases and ability to summarize financial transactions and civil litigation matters using source documents
· A comprehensive understanding of, and facility with, standard computer applications such as Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and OneNote Education, Experience, Skills, and Behaviors:
· Post-secondary education preferably specializing in criminology, political science, journalism, information studies, or otherwise relevant discipline
· 2+ years' investigative research experience in a professional services or consulting firm
· Demonstrate excellent analytical skills and problem solving, self-motivation and possess an enquiring mind
· Fluency in French or Spanish would be helpful Keys to your success:
· Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to synthesize data from multiple sources and summarize findings in a factual report
· Conscientious attention to detail, project organization skills, accountability for assigned research and capable of driving projects independently
· Ability to cope with multiple conflicting client demands and to manage peaks and troughs while delivering quality service
Why Choose KPMG? Making the right career choice is important, finding the right company is essential. Watch thisvideo to see the type of people that thrive at KPMG.
Location Toronto, ON ,Our Values, The KPMG Way
We lead by example | We work together | We respect the individual
We seek the facts and provide insight | We are open and honest in our communication
We are committed to our communities | Above all, we act with integrity
KPMG is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. KPMG encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants' disability-related needs, up to the point of undue hardship, throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Any assessment and selection materials or processes used during the recruitment process will be available in an accessible format to applicants with disabilities, upon request. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process , please contact the HR Shared Service Centre by email or by phone at 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 (Option 1). KPMG will consult with all applicants with disabilities who request accommodation during the recruitment process to ensure that the accommodation provided takes into account the applicant's individual accessibility needs.
Category Other Service Line Forensic ,Industry Not Applicable