Associate, Data Quality Analyst
47817 - 92
Business Support Services
Area of Interest:
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate, Data Quality Analyst to join our Digital Nexus technology organization.
· Maintain Data Quality Standards related to the data quality methodology and workflows
· Develop and maintain a common Data Quality infrastructure (issue and remediation tracking and workflow)
· Conform to and promote the data quality methodology of repeatable processes, to investigate and resolving data quality issues
· Liaise with data stewards to develop data quality rules and controls through profiling results; and participate in the identification and remediation of data quality issues in the functions
· Support and assist with executing data profiling, distribution of scorecards and metrics, recommend/prioritize remediation and assist with root cause analysis to identify data quality issues to functions
· Minimum one year of experience working in data analysis, data quality and reporting as well as working with data stewards, data owners, and technology partners
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
· Experience working with industry DQ tools (Informatica, IBM, and Trilium), Metadata tools (Informatica, Collibra) and reporting toolsets (Cognos, Tablueau), including rule development, issue tracking, reporting and DQ dashboard design is preferred
· Ability to seek out new problems and develop solutions, while having strong sense of ownership and a self-starter
· Able to conduct root cause analysis and quickly switch between details and the big picture; strong verbal/written communication, problem solving and organizational skills to support an environment driven by customer service and team work
· U.S. Citizenship is required
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Theattached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.