Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for qualified accountants to join the financial services audit practice in our Manchester office. As an Assistant Manager you will get to work with a wide range of clients within a cross functional office. Our client base is from a wide range of business sectors, ranging in size from owner-managed businesses to multi-national organisations. Many of our clients are subsidiaries of overseas companies giving our work a truly international perspective.
- Planning and project managing all aspects of audits.
- Leading teams on the ground, reporting directly to the manager on a day to day basis.
- Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability.
- Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues.
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential.
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm.
- Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business.
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits.
- Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information.
- Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external).
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Recently qualified ACA or equivalent qualification.
- Demonstrating practical knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS, and IAS.
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Good working knowledge of e-audit
- Experience working of within the financial services sector.
- Identifies and pursues business opportunities.
- Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work.
- Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work.
- Continuously learns from experiences, seeks out feedback and development opportunities and gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback.
- Coaches less experienced staff.
Multiple positions available
Opening date: 28/08/2019
Closing date: 25/09/2019
Competitive salary plus negotiable bonus and benefits