We are looking for experienced auditors to join the Audit practice within Public Sector and Healthcare. Our clients range across Local and Central Government, Healthcare, Higher and Further Education, Housing Associations and Charities. Our clients are household names and with our dedicated Public Sector practice, we are at the forefront of developments, helping our clients to face current pressures and longer term challenges from economic developments and socio political changes.
We offer a supportive working environment with benefits packages tailored to the individual to help achieve a good work life balance. As an Assistant Manager within Public Sector you will be involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements from planning through to completion. Your role will include executive level client interaction across multiple clients, giving superb opportunities for personal and professional growth within a Big 4 environment.
As an Assistant Manager, you’ll be involved in all aspects of delivering audit engagements, from planning through to completion on a broad spectrum of Public Sector and Healthcare clients. The role will include executive level client interaction and exposure to multiple clients on an annual basis, as well as daily tasks such as:
• Planning and execution of audit fieldwork (including both internal and external audit) and statutory reporting across a portfolio of clients
• Project management of all aspects of audit including agreeing audit timelines, team briefings, and supervision and delivery of audit work
• Budgeting and monitoring the financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
• Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues
• Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
• Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits
• Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential
• Keeping up to date with KPMG's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
• Working on audit tenders and working as part of the relevant independence team on these tenders. Tasks may include; Reviewing global engagement records in sentinel, Analysing and categorising the records, Contacting partners globally for engagement information, Preparing data and drafting Independence report , Liaising with UK Ethics and Independence team
• You may also have the opportunity to work on specific audit related projects across the audit function
• Self-driven and resilient and able to thrive in a pressurised environment
• The ambition to undertake new challenges and step up into supervisory roles, taking leadership where necessary
• The desire to work in a diverse environment and gain exposure to an international working environment
• Strong project management techniques including decision-making ability, analytical skills, time management, prioritisation, organisation and evaluative skills
• Experience of auditing public sector organisations. We will also consider candidates with an interest in moving into the public sector.
• Builds the reputation of KPMG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience.
• Monitors and upholds high quality of service and products to clients (internal and external)
Qualifications and Skills Required:
• Fully qualified ACA/ACCA or international equivalent is essential.
• Recent and extensive external audit experience within a professional services environment, with exposure to large clients.
• Well-developed leadership and supervisory skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals both internally and externally at different seniority levels.
• Exceptional communication skills; both written and verbal.
• Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
• Demonstrating practical knowledge of IFRS is preferable.
• Exposure to some Public Sector or charity clients is ideal.