At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
Cambridge is the UK’s fastest growing city and is set to remain so for the foreseeable future. The market is diverse with a client and target base of UK listed, PE backed, privately owned and overseas inbound groups many of which are focussed around knowledge-intensive industries.
KPMG has one of the leading Indirect Tax practices in the UK. We work as a national practice providing advice and support in all aspects of Indirect Tax (VAT, Customs Duty, Green taxes) to a broad range of business sectors including large multi-nationals, household name retailers and public sector organisations. The Indirect Tax practice is a fast-growing and dynamic business, currently with 13 partners and approximately 240 professional staff in the UK.
KPMG has a dedicated local team of VAT specialists working with our clients in the Cambridge and East Anglia region and across London and the Northern Home Counties. Our clients cover a wide range of sectors including retail and manufacturing, technology, professional services and the public sector. Our services to clients include pure advisory, opportunity and compliance reviews, due diligence and preparation of reclaims to HMRC. We collaborate closely with our colleagues both in our National Indirect Tax group, other areas of Tax such as Corporate Tax, Transfer Pricing and People Services and in the wider advisory business to deliver value to KPMG’s clients.
We have a significant growth plan over the next three years and in order to support this we are looking to recruit motivated individuals with a commercial edge who are seeking a real challenge, at Assistant Manager level, to build on our successes to date and help us achieve our growth targets.
We are looking for an Indirect Tax Assistant Manager to provide services to our clients and targets. You will be a key member of our team:
• Providing high quality Indirect Tax advisory services on a broad range of indirect tax issues to a wide range of clients
• Taking a key role in delivery of large client projects
• Maintaining, developing and ultimately managing KPMG’s strong relationships with clients
• Developing innovative solutions and opportunities for our clients
• Assisting in the implementation of business development initiatives
• Developing more junior members of the team from both a technical and commercial perspective
• Working closely with senior managers, directors and partners who will provide you with the support and opportunities to assist you in realising your full potential
• ATT, ATII or CTA qualified or equivalent
• Takes personal responsibility and accountability for their work
• Is driven and committed
• Is ambitious and motivated to grow personally
• Shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude
• Seeks out feedback and development opportunities
• Identifies and pursues business opportunities
• Welcomes and is able to provide positive, constructive feedback
• Is willing to coach less experienced staff
• Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues and clients
• Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
• Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear; and
• Monitors and upholds high quality of service to clients