Sr Associate, Metadata Analyst
47816 - 94
Business Support Services
Area of Interest:
Known for being a great place to work and build a career, KPMG provides audit, tax and advisory services for organizations in today’s most important industries. Our growth is driven by delivering real results for our clients. It’s also enabled by our culture, which encourages individual development, embraces an inclusive environment, rewards innovative excellence and supports our communities. With qualities like those, it’s no wonder we’re consistently ranked among the best companies to work for by Fortune Magazine, Consulting Magazine, Working Mother Magazine, Diversity Inc. and others. If you’re as passionate about your future as we are, join our team.
KPMG is currently seeking a Senior Associate, Metadata Analyst to join our Digital Nexus technology organization.
· Coordinate with various data stewards to perform Metadata tool configurations for ingesting, storing, and using business and technical metadata; assist Metadata team in managing Business and Technical Metadata in the Metadata Marketplace tool
· Work with stewards, business and technology partners to guide the design, build, testing and implementation of Metadata Marketplace tool related development including solutions for the automated ingestion of technical metadata, workflows, and configuration
· Coordinate with data stewards to understand various data assets, data flows, and transformations and develop data creation to consumption flow; organize with data stewards to understand and document data lineage in the Metadata Marketplace tool
· Help create business and functional requirements pertaining to metadata tool configurations, tool updates and metadata integration initiatives
· Accountable for developing and maintaining playbooks, user guides, training materials, operating models and related artifacts
· Contribute to Metadata standards and strategy in conjunction with data governance leadership
· Minimum three years of experience working within Metadata programs, including metadata ontology, metadata capture, data lineage experience and Data Quality reporting
· Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university or equivalent work experience
· Strong knowledge and experience in System Development Lifecycle (SDLC); and solid knowledge of concepts and related functions of Business Metadata, Technical Metadata and Data Lineage; as well as of Data Governance roles such as Data Owner, Technical Owner, Data Stewards, and Data Consumer
· Experience writing business and functional requirements, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) cases and performed/managed UAT; as well as experience in design and build execution/project management
· Prior knowledge working on data integrating projects and with industry Metadata tools; work on Metadata integration projects and with Collibra DGC of Informatica Catalog or Glossary a plus; some experience in importing data and concept of data movement, data transformations and data load (ETL); as well as some experience and/or familiarity with Big Data Hadoop based environments
· U.S. Citizenship is required
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Theattached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.