Associate, Data Engineer
47021 - 6
Area of Interest:
Innovate. Collaborate. Shine. Digital Lighthouse houses KPMG's specialized capabilities across the digital landscape: applied data science, AI, data engineering and insights, software engineering, automation, and big data. Here, you'll work with a sophisticated team of professionals to explore solutions for clients in a multiplatform environment. This means your ability to find answers is limited only by your creativity in leveraging a vast array of techniques and tools. Be a part of a high-energy, unique, fast-paced, and innovative culture that delivers with the agility of a tech startup and the backing of a leading global consulting firm. In this particular role, you'll work specifically in the AI Analytics & Engineering Community within the Digital Lighthouse, on a wide range of projects. From applied AI to optimization to big data platform engineering, your analytical and technical skills will drive real impact in the business world. So, bring your ingenuity and pioneering spirit to KPMG Digital Lighthouse.
KPMG is currently seeking an Associate to join ourKPMG Lighthouse - Center of Excellence for Advanced Analytics.
· Rapidly prototype, implement, and optimize architectures to tackle the Big Data and Data Science needs for a variety of Fortune 1000 corporations and other major organizations; Develop modular code base to solve “real” world problems while conducting regular peer code reviews to ensure code quality and compliance following best practices in the industry
· Work in cross-disciplinary teams with KPMG industry professionals to understand client needs and ingest rich data sources such as social media, news, internal/external documents, emails, financial data, and operational data
· Develop and maintain D&A solutions on premise, cloud, KPMG-hosted, or hybrid infrastructure; Be the team champion of some mainstream BI/EDW/Big Data toolsets like Tableau, Alteryx, Informatica, Pentaho, Er-Win, and Power Designer
· Help in research and experiment of leading and emerging BI/EDW/Big Data methodologies such as serverless data lake, AWS Redshift, Athena, Glue, GCP Bigquery, and MS PowerBI and apply them in solving real world client problems
· Help drive the process for pursuing innovations, target solutions, and extendable platforms for Lighthouse, KPMG, and client
· Participate in developing and presenting thought leadership, and help in ensuring that the Lighthouse technology stack incorporates and is optimized for using specific technologies
· Minimum of one year of relevant software development experience in multiple programming languages and technologies; preferably related to professional services; Experience with object-oriented design, coding and testing patterns as well as experience in engineering (commercial or open source) software platforms and large-scale data infrastructures
· Bachelor's Degree or Master's Degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
· Ability to pick up and learn new technologies quickly; Experience or knowledge of RDBMS design, data modeling, MPP EDW system implementation; hands-on experience and knowledge in distributed computing architecture, massive-parallel processing big data platforms ( such as Hadoop, MapReduce, HDFS, Spark, Hive/Impala, H-Base/MongoDB/Casandra, Teradata/Netezza/Redshift)
· Hands-on experience and knowledge in BI/EDW/Big Data toolsets (Tableau, Alteryx, Informatica, Pentaho, Er-Win, Power Designer); Hands-on experience and strong knowledge in mainstream cloud infrastructures (AWS, MS Azure and GCP including their D&A-related Microservices), and ability to implement data lake and serverless data lake
· Market-leading fluency of SQL; hands-on experience of Linux/Unix/Windows/.NET. Market-leading fluency in several programming languages (Bash/ksh/Powershell; Python/Perl/R) and understanding of programming methodologies (version control, testing, QA), and development methodologies (Waterfall and Agile); Full-stack development capability is preferred
· Ability to travel up to eighty percent of the time; Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
KPMG LLP (the U.S. member firm of KPMG International) offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package. KPMG is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer. KPMG complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding recruitment and hiring. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Theattached link contains further information regarding the firm's compliance with federal, state and local recruitment and hiring laws. No phone calls or agencies please.