At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
KPMG's Tax practice is a dynamic and successful area of our business. A constantly changing and increasingly high-profile field, Tax can offer a surprisingly broad range of quality career paths to ambitious people.
Employment Solutions operates as a national practice. As employment solutions specialists we work on a wide variety of clients including many household names. The work is primarily project based covering areas such as employment tax and National Minimum Wage governance, employment status, reward, payroll effectiveness and expenses and benefits compliance.
An opportunity exists for an Assistant Manager in our Employment Solutions team in London. The role is outlined although it is accepted that applicants may need support with their development in some areas depending on their background and previous experience.
Role and Responsibilities:
• To build and maintain client relationships through high levels of client services, leading the operation to clients.
• You will manage work in relation to a wide variety of employment tax advisory projects, varying from large strategic projects through to risk and opportunity reviews and due diligence.
• You will manage employer compliance activities including completion of P11Ds and PAYE Settlement Agreements and assisting with other processes such as employment status and termination payments.
• You will support market initiatives and take responsibility for delivering work to a high standard and meeting deadlines.
Skills and experience:
• Supporting in local marketing initiatives
• Taking responsibility for delivering work to a high standard and meeting deadlines
• Reviewing work and coaching and developing junior colleagues
• Practical experience of the areas outlined below with a strong background in either employment status (public sector client experience desirable but not essential) or National Minimum Wage compliance.
Qualifications and skills:
• Ideal but not essential: CTA, ACA, CPA or CA qualified
• Takes personal responsibility and accountability for own work and guides others around best work practice
• Sustains a high level of drive, shows enthusiasm and a positive attitude when coping with pressure at work
• Continuously learns from experiences; seeks out feedback and development opportunities
• Gives clear directions, positive and constructive feedback; coaches less experienced colleagues
• Works in a cooperative, respectful manner with colleagues, clients and the wider community
• Analyses problems, identifies core issues, investigates, evaluates and integrates information
• Communicates with impact, in a way that is open, honest, consistent and clear
• Builds the reputation of KMPG through the quality of work, knowledge and experience
• Thorough understanding of practical employment tax issues including payroll, social security and employment tax compliance including familiarity with either determining employment status (public sector client experience desirable but not essential) or National Minimum Wage compliance