Actuarial Life – Assistant Managers
Service Line Information;
KPMG in the UK is a leading provider of professional services, which include audit, tax, and advisory. Risk Consulting is one of three business within Advisory Services. Using a wide variety of technical and sector-specific skills, KPMG's Risk Consulting team proactively helps clients increase profits whilst reducing reputational, operational, financial and other risks.
The Risk Consulting Service Offerings are;
• Technology, Risk Consulting Sectors
• Financial Risk Management
KPMG’s Actuarial and Insurance Risk practice provides a broad range of Actuarial services, including transactions support, capital management, modelling, Solvency II, IFRS, finance transformation, financial reporting, restructuring, reserving and audit support. We work together with other KPMG technical and sector specialists to help insurance clients prepare for the future.
We also assist insurance company clients with their risk management organization, dealing with regulatory investigations, managing risks, and implementing effective solutions. Our professionals cover several sub-segments, with frequent collaboration with other Risk Consulting services including Market, Credit and Operational Risk, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) and Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance Services (IARCS)
Role and Responsibilities
• Assisting in the delivery of a wide range of client engagements, working as part of a project team on client sites
• Providing technical input to a number of projects (including transactions support, capital management, modelling, Solvency II, IFRS, finance transformation, financial reporting, restructuring, reserving and audit support)
• Supporting senior management efforts to cultivate and maintain target client relationships, including assisting with proposals and the development of sales materials
• Drafting reports and presentations.
• Working with other KPMG teams and providing technical input (including transactions support, capital management, modelling, Solvency II, IFRS, finance transformation, financial reporting, restructuring, reserving and audit support)
• As well as project delivery responsibilities, the role involves supporting other aspects of the team's work including sales and marketing, research and development of new services, and knowledge management.
Qualifications and Skills
• Part-qualified Actuary making strong exam progress (on track to qualify in 5 years) with practical actuarial experience.
• Maintain a strong record of progress in the actuarial examinations.
Experience and Background
• Experience of working in the life assurance industry or life consultancy is essential.
• Experience using advanced Excel and VBA.
• Experience of working with UK regulatory regime for life insurers.
• Experience working with Economic Capital clients
• Experience of modelling capital projects
• Experience of working with UK reporting methodologies, e.g. UK GAAP, IFRS, FSA Returns.
• Experience of working with overseas reporting methodologies (e.g. USGAAP).
• Experience of working with Market Consistent Embedded Value techniques.
• Experience of working with a variety of Modelling techniques (e.g. Prophet, MoSes, VBA).
• Experience of explaining actuarial concepts to non-actuaries.
• Experience of working with a broad range of life assurance products and with-profits products.
• Experience of working on a wide range of projects.
• Travel is likely to be required for lengthy periods.
• Experience of managing small teams on client engagements
Multiple positions available
Opening date: 04/11/2019
Closing date: 02/12/2019
Competitive salary plus negotiable bonus and benefits