Excellent in-house tax opportunity within one of Australia's major professional services organisation
· Work as part of a collaborative team to further enhance your tax advisory and compliance skills
· Immerse yourself in an inclusive, diverse and supportive culture
KPMG is one of the most trusted and respected global professional services firms. Through depth of expertise, clarity of insight and strength of purpose we help our clients solve complex challenges, steer change, strengthen, transition and grow. We are looking for talented people who share our purpose of inspiring confidence and empowering change for our clients, our people and our communities.
The internal Tax & Compliance team within our Finance function manages the tax affairs and obligations of KPMG and its associated entities. This includes fulfilling income tax, GST and FBT compliance obligations in a timely manner as well as providing tax advice on business initiatives and engagements and ensuring the tax risk for the Firm are minimised.
We are currently looking to recruit a driven and team focused individual to assist in the tax compliance and reporting obligations of the Firm as well as partner with our key internal stakeholders to deliver quality tax advisory services as required.
Your new role
Working in close collaboration with the other members of the Tax & Compliance team and the wider Finance function, your responsibilities include:
· Assist in the Firm's FBT and GST compliance/reporting requirements.
· Assist with FBT and GST queries that arise within the business.
· Provide regular tax support to HR on issues/obligations associated with inbound/outbound assignees, employee benefits etc.
· Update and manage tax fixed asset register, including a monthly review of new assets.
· Assess various project expenditure to ensure appropriate tax depreciation treatment is applied.
· Assist in determining if any tax risk/obligations arise for the Firm from international client engagements and inbound/outbound assignees.
· Ensure the Firm's compliance with international tax obligations as required, including maintain tax documentation required for international engagements.
· Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure continuous improvement of tax compliance processes and procedures.
You bring to the role
· CA/CPA qualification with 1-2 years tax experience.
· Demonstrable practical experience across FBT, GST and international tax.
· Strong ability to apply tax laws to commercial situations.
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to take ownership of multiple deliverables whilst still deliver quality results within the required deadlines.
· Strong stakeholder focus with well-developed influencing, decision-making and communication skills.
What we offer you
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.