At KPMG, our values define who we are and the way we do business. As a leading professional services firm, we know that our strength and capability come from our people – their different perspectives, experiences and backgrounds. From our inclusive leadership strategy to our diversity and inclusion targets – we’re making bold changes to who we are and what we do. Be part of it.
The key work streams within the department include:
• Delivering professional pensions consulting advice on a wide range of corporate and Trustee pension issues.
• Undertaking work such as individual member calculations, scheme actuarial valuations, producing accounting disclosures and PPF Levy calculations
• Working on projects such as benefit change, scheme design, liability management, scheme de-risking/insurance
• Supporting the audit teams in understanding the actuarial aspects of financial statements.
Role and Responsibilities
• Checking work produced by junior colleagues and ensuring it is technically excellent and consistently accurate calculations with clear audit trail
• Produce high quality deliverables addressing key client issues
• Manage your own time and that of reports effectively to consistently meet all deadlines
• Take responsibility for and manage small projects / audits (including appropriate delegation fee analysis and billing)
• Regularly monitor all aspects of risk compliance
• Show awareness of commercial issues and occasionally applies this to identify potential opportunities for clients
• Direct internal and external client contact
• Studying for the FIA actuarial exams and making good progress
Experience and Background
• Good understanding of UK pensions landscape and issues facing clients
• Consistently able to work at high level of intensity whilst maintaining a professional and positive approach
• Fully engaged and taking responsibility for own performance
• Contributes to the development of others
• Seeks opportunities to develop internal KPMG network and knowledge of other areas of the business