It is the overall mission of the Shift Supervisor to coordinate and supervise all activities inside the warehouse and warehouse office on a daily basis. Under the direction of the Shift Manager / Operations Manager, the Shift Supervisor is responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing, and shipping of products in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
Your tasks and responsibilities
· Create a daily schedule and delegate the tasks to team-leaders and BC
· Supervising and coordinating unloading of inbound shipments
· Oversee the put-away operation and to manage the picking and breakdown team
· Picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of productivity
· Ensuring quality control for all outbound shipments
· Putting information onto the Warehouse management system
· Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all products are properly counted
· Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage.
· Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment (Weekly Checklist for Forklifts)
· Ensure that the work schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
· Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area (Weekly Warehouse Checklist)
· Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse (Weekly Safety Inspection in a warehouse)
· Conduct operations in a manner that promotes the correct K+N safety standards
· Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion
· Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting physical inventories.
· Taking precautions to protect warehouse contents against loss and damage
· Leading and controlling activities of warehouse personnel
· Optimize space usage by re-arranging products and entering the changes into WMS
· Fill all tasks into the provided productivity tools with correct details and minutes
· Analyze yesterdays achievements with the complete team (Team-Meeting) on a daily basis.
· Point out possible improvements and optimize processes together with the Operations Manager
· Point out potential risks for the future warehouse operation
· Analyze future resource needs and discuss the same with the Operations Manager
· Reviews the performance of Warehouse staff, identifies high-potential people
· Ensure compliance with Quality Safety Health Environment policies and requirements.
· The Objectives which are laid out in the above documentation are not exhaustive and you will be required to act wholeheartedly in the interests of the company, as such you will be required to perform any reasonable duties or tasks of which the Management requests.
Your skills and experience
· Knowledge of Warehouse Operations
· WMS (Infolog) Know How
· EHS practices
· Fluent communication in English
Good reasons to join
We offer an employee friendly and casual environment for you to become a skilled transportation logistics professional in a challenging and fast developing company with a competitive salary and opportunities for further development within the Kuehne + Nagel Group. If, like us, you put customers at heart of everything you do, you can expect to be rewarded with a full package of benefits on top of a salary that grows with you as you grow in our business.
Applicants must possess the above experience and skill set in order to be considered for this role. Apply online ensuring that a full up to date CV is attached with your application.
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 79,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world's leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight , airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Learn more >>
Reference Number: req41801