El Paso, TX USA
The Warehouse Lead has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising warehouse activities on a daily basis. Responsible for supervising the receiving, warehousing and shipping of product in a manner consistent with company service and cost objectives.
Experienced Warehouse Lead, ability to operate PC and RF units in a warehouse environment. This candidate should be able to lead, assign, and follow-up on the workload on daily basis. The lead would be the number two person to the supervisor ensuring that workload is completed and helping as needed. This person would follow the SOP's and WI, while ensuring the quality standards are followed. The candidate should be able to operate WMS, Manhattan experience a plus. The employee should be able to read, write, and understand warehouse functions, including PC and RF unit use.
Duties and responsibilities
• Supervise and coordinate unloading of inbound shipments.
• Orderly stacking of product.
• Picking and staging of outbound shipments in accordance with the highest possible levels of quality and productivity.
• Verify required inbound/outbound paperwork with drivers, ensuring that all product is properly counted.
• Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage and errors.
• Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all materials handling equipment.
• Ensure that the work schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
• Maintain product locator system, and maintain high levels of inventory accuracy.
• Ensure the optimal utilization of space through warehouse consolidation.
• Rotate product as appropriate.
• Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area.
• Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse.
• Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety.
• Conduct operations in accordance with OSHA an MSDS standards.
• Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate fashion.
• Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting physical inventories.
• Adhere to Kuehne + Nagel’s Quality, Safety, Health and Environment Program polices and procedures.
Your skills and experience
• Minimum Education: High School or Technical degree
• Must have 3 years experience in a warehouse environment and 1 year in a supervisory role
• Ability to establish priorities and accomplish multiple tasks with minimal supervision
• Computer skills
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Good reasons to join
We offer competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, employee discounts, tuition reimbursement, excellent training programs and a highly dynamic global work environment.
Kuehne + Nagel Inc - New York - Head Office
10 Exchange Place
Jersey City, NJ 07302-3920
About Kuehne + Nagel
With over 79,000 employees at some 1,300 locations in over 100 countries, the Kuehne + Nagel Group is one of the world’s leading logistics companies. Its strong market position lies in the seafreight, airfreight, contract logistics and overland businesses, with a clear focus on providing IT-based integrated logistics solutions. Further information can be found at www.kuehne-nagel.com
Learn more >>
Reference Number: req35960
Kuehne + Nagel Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, sex, age, national origin, gender, gender identity, genetic information, uniform service, protected veteran status or disability, or any characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law with respect to employment opportunities.