Description de l'offre
We are the contract logistics partner of choice for logistics outsourcing and the management of complex supply chains. Our integrated services include all aspects of logistics planning, control and execution
Kuehne + Nagel are seeking to appoint a Road Transport Fleet Supervisor to work within a small but dedicated team. The key responsibilities will be to ensure the transport department operates in a safe, compliant and efficient manner which is fully compliant with all legislation. Managing the Fleet Servicing, MOT and Vehicle Breakdowns and vehicle records in compliance with the License Conditions, Tasking drivers and assets to meet delivery schedules and delivering a first class service to our customer within budget. The post will be responsible for the compliant movement of ADR products, Classes 1 to 9 including 7x accepted packages and Non ADR goods as required. This role may require the successful applicant to work over time as required and some weekends as part of their working pattern.
· Responsible for taking care of the Health and Safety and to observe best practice and compliance with legislation in the protection of the environment and conservation of energy
· Reporting and investigation accidents/incidents with the tight contracted timelines.
· Responsibility for compliance with Company and Statutory requirements regarding Operator License, H&S, service quality, drivers hours and tacho regulations, inclusive of WTD.
· Responsible for the Briefing and Debriefing of Drivers and Escorts. Perform regular checks on DG Notes, VORs, fuel cards, Toll Cards, tasking sheets and associated documentation ensuring a robust programme for Health and Safety standards,
· Assurance checks covering Coupling/Decoupling, Loading and Restraint to ensure that clearly defined processes are followed. Effective tasking utilisation of the fleet and drivers. Monitor fleet maintenance requirements and ensuring they are met.
· Responsible for transport department resource, induction, assessment and training, including agency staff. Follow the process in place to control the use of assets and consumables within the transport department.
· Assist the Transport Manager to meet the agreed Budget and KPI’s, actively seeking ways to improve efficiency, performance and reducing costs.
· Ensuring daily management information is compiled both for internal and external customer and that this information is submitted accurately and on a timely basis.
Your Skills and Experiences
· Full UK Drivers License (Essential). CPC National holder (Desirable)
· Proven Transport knowledge and experience. Excellent working knowledge of Transport legislation.
· Proven record in Fleet Compliance in maintenance, MOTs Servicing and breakdowns
· Flexible leadership style with ability to motivate staff to achieve results.
· Competent Numerate with good attention to detail.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· Competent Microsoft Office user including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Proven people management skills and experience.
· LGV Driving License (C+E) (desirable but no essential)
Good Reasons to Join
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary and you will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne+Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services","industry":"Logistics","datePosted":"2021-02-01T00:00:00.000Z