As an apprentice, you’ll earn as you learn, combining practical on-the-job training with study towards a relevant qualification. Our programmes are challenging but rewarding and you’ll be supported every step of the way to make sure you’re successful.
Our Overland Sales Apprenticeship is a 30 month programme starting 14th September 2020, combining practical on-the-job training with study towards the Level 2 Customer Service apprenticeship followed by the Level 4 Sales Executive apprenticeship. You will work within a successful Sales team while learning everything you need to know to be a top sales performer whilst supported by your peers, your managers, and the apprenticeship team within Kuehne + Nagel.
· As part of our Overland Sales team you’ll be liaising with all relevant parties to ensure that our customer expectations are met/exceeded during the movement of their goods across Europe. You’ll be in communication with a variety of people and using IT systems to process requirements from customers and overseas agents. It’s a varied role and your training will equip you to be involved in problem solving, finance tracking and supporting the account managers with their day to day duties
· Your apprenticeship will include face to face workshops, one to one meetings with your personal tutor and on the job training to enable you to put into practice the skills you are learning
· In the first half of your apprenticeship you will focus on getting to grips with delivering excellent customer service, and in the second half you will build on this foundation to develop specialist Sales skills – you may even be given your own Customer Service or Sales Account to manage! Beyond this, there is an opportunity for successful apprentices to secure a full time position and promotion into a Freight Account Manager role, as well as achieving bonuses and pay rises connected to the apprenticeship programme.
· Your working pattern will be Monday – Friday, 9am – 5.15pm
Your Skills and Experiences
· Five GCSEs at grades 3 – 9 / A*-D (including Maths & English)
· Right to work in the UK
· Candidates must either have a full driving licence or pass their test during the two year apprenticeship
· Strong customer service & communication skills (written and verbal)
· Strong organisational skills
· Resilience and a drive for success
· A willingness to learn and a want to be the best that you can be
· Strong IT skills
Good Reasons to Join
We’re looking at our Overland Sales apprentices to be Kuehne + Nagel’s future Sales Leaders. We will expect you to work hard and be eager to learn, but the opportunities are endless for those who do. Our programme is designed to teach you all the technical skills and techniques that you need to be successful within a Sales role, and so we are simply looking for someone who wants to grasp this opportunity. If you’re a confident, driven individual looking to train in a fast paced role in a lively environment, you’d be a great fit for this scheme! This great opportunity comes with a competitive starting salary, bonuses and pay rises contained within the programme, support to achieve professionally recognised qualifications and a network of mentors, line managers and buddies to help you along your journey. In addition, you’ll be eligible for an Apprentice NUS discount card and our Route 2 Rewards scheme offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street and internet goods and services.