We have a great new opportunity for a National QSHE Business Partner to join the team. Ideally, you will be based in the Midlands, North or North West as this role is National.
Reporting to the National Safety, Health and Environment Manager you will actively support the development of and lead the Health and Safety objectives, improvements and programs across KNUK.
· To actively support the development and lead the Health and Safety objectives, improvements and programs for KNUK, fulfill the requirement for competent Health and Safety Assistance across KNUK and where required support the QSHE Business Partner field team across the UK.
· Support and lead the development, application and benchmarking of the National Safety, Health and Environment audit program ensuring the development and implementation of corporate, company policies, processes and procedures match the organisations risk profile.
· Lead and chair the QSHE knowledge share community group including the reportable incident group and develop and deliver Safety and Health Leadership development training program.
· Lead business unit and site leadership teams and ensure they are supported and enabled to deliver QSHE programs and objectives.
· Lead the safety and health escalation and improvement program, promote the Stop Work Authority Program and wider No Harm methodology.
· Liaise where required with external authorities.
· Set key health and safety objectives for KNUK which deliver the global and corporate safety and health programme; set objectives and measure performance of the central QSHE Business Partner team.
· Ensure good communication across all areas of Safety, Health and Environment in KNUK.
Your Skills and Experiences
· Sound technical knowledge of Health and Safety legislation and application, as a minimum you will be Level 3 qualified in Occupational Safety and Health or equivalent, ideally up to level 6 or equivalent.
· If you have operational distribution management experience as well that would be ideal.
· A good level of IT literacy, proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential.
· An experienced people and line manager and able to engage and lead others.
· Ability to present and communicate effectively, a confident communicator who is able to manage challenging situations.
· Excellent organisational skills and strong interpersonal skills, with ideally project management and safety management experience.
· Great written and verbal communication with influencing skills as well as a team worker, with a real focus on the customer.
· Under current conditions, you will be working from home for the majority of the time, but in future a valid driver’s licence is essential as you may need to be able to travel nationally to both KN and customer sites.
Good Reasons to Join
If you would like to become a valued member of our team then we will also make sure that you’re rewarded for your commitment and expertise. We are offering a competitive salary with discretionary bonus, company car/car allowance and 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, life assurance and private health insurance. You will also have the opportunity to join the contributory Kuehne + Nagel pension plan and benefit from our Route 2 Rewards scheme which offers discounts and savings on a wide range of high street or internet goods and services.","industry":"Logistics","datePosted":"2021-01-20T00:00:00.000Z