The Desktop Support Analyst role is to ensure proper computer operation so that end users can accomplish business tasks.
This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level.
· Field incoming help requests from end users via both telephone and e-mail in a courteous manner.
· Document all pertinent end user identification information, including name, department, contact information, and nature of problem or issue.
· Build rapport and elicit problem details from help desk customers.
· Prioritize and schedule problems. Escalate problems (when required) to the appropriately experienced technician.
· Record, track, and document the help desk request problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken through to final resolution.
· Apply diagnostic utilities to aid in troubleshooting.
· Access software updates, drivers, knowledge bases, and frequently asked questions resources on the Internet to aid in problem resolution.
· Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
· Perform hands-on fixes at the desktop level, including installing and upgrading software, installing hardware, implementing file backups, and configuring systems and applications.
· Install / troubleshoot anti-virus software.
· Performing preventative maintenance, including checking and cleaning of workstations, printers, and peripherals.
· Test fixes to ensure problem has been adequately resolved.
· Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests.
· Evaluate documented resolutions and analyze trends for ways to prevent future problems.
· Develop help sheets and frequently asked questions lists for end users.
· Support company owned smartphones and MDM related software
· Resolve high priority issues during on-call rotation
Your Skills and Experiences
TECHNICAL SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
· Knowledge of basic computer hardware, including motherboard, hard drive and memory.
· Experience with desktop and server operating systems, including Windows 10, and Windows Server 2016 R2
· Extensive application support experience with Microsoft Office 2016 and smartphone devices.
· Working knowledge of a range of diagnostic utilities including disk clean, defrag, MDT Tool to image machines.
· Good Understanding of Active Directory User Administration
· ZOOM and Acronis back up software.
· Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
· Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
· Strong documentation skills.
· Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required.
· Ability to absorb and retain information quickly.
· Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
· Highly self motivated and directed.
· Keen attention to detail.
· Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
· Exceptional customer service orientation.
· Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
· College degree in the field of computer science, information sciences, or related field and/or 4 years equivalent work experience.
· Certifications in A+, Network + preferred ","industry":"Logistics