A global Luxury group, Kering manages the development of a series of renowned Maisons in Fashion, Leather Goods, Jewelry and Watches: Gucci, Saint Laurent, Bottega Veneta, Balenciaga, Alexander McQueen, Brioni, Boucheron, Pomellato, Dodo, Qeelin, Ulysse Nardin, Girard-Perregaux, as well as Kering Eyewear. By placing creativity at the heart of its strategy, Kering enables its Maisons to set new limits in terms of their creative expression while crafting tomorrow's Luxury in a sustainable and responsible way. We capture these beliefs in our signature: “Empowering Imagination.” In 2017, Kering had nearly 29,000 employees and restated revenue of €10.816 billion.
We are currently seeking an Accountant (12 months contract - Maternity Cover) who will report to the Reporting Manager as part of our dynamic team in Australia.
As part of the Kering Group’s global finance SSC transformation program, the Accountant (12 months contract - Maternity Cover) will support for Australia office in the re-design of SSC’s accounting and controlling processes across Australia.
How you will contribute
· Prepare full set of accounts (PL, BS, CF and Audit Schedules) for the month and year end reporting with a strong controllership mindset and ensuring that the financials prepared comply to SFRS.
· Provide support during the budgeting and forecasting periods by preparing management reports (budget and forecast packs) and providing analytical review in plain form.
· Assist the Reporting Manager in all areas relating to year-end statutory reporting including Audits, Corporate tax and GST submissions (includes preparation of audit schedules, financial statements, managing audit queries and issues).
· Support SSC’s objective of becoming 100% paperless (re-designing controls, practices and processes)
· Any other ad-hoc assignments, from time to time.
Who you are
Technical skills and experiences:
· Accounting/Finance Major with CA qualification
· The initial 2 to 3 years of working experience is ideally gained with a public accounting firm and candidates from Big 4 are highly preferred. Followed by 3 to 4 years of relevant accounting and commercial experience gained in an MNC environment with hybrid reporting matrix,
· Candidates without experience with a public accounting firm but comes with strong experiences managing accounting and commercial finance will also be considered.
· Experience on major transformational projects relating to financial systems and processes are preferred (SAP, Oracle, Blackline)
· Strong knowledge in IFRS and Tax Reporting across Australia., and
· Expected to be hands-on.
· An independent operator and fast learner
· Self-driven and good analytical mindset,
· Agile and inquisitive
· Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and/or tight reporting deadlines
· Highly meticulous and a problem solver
· Minimum travelling
· Immediately available or on short notice
Why work with us?
This is a fabulous opportunity to join the Kering adventure and and to actively contribute to the development of the business by becoming part of a thriving Atelier in a global Luxury Group that offers endless possibilities to learn and grow. Talent development is a managerial principle at Kering, and we are committed to fostering internal mobility. Our common vision promotes leadership skills and helps every employee to reach their full potential in a stimulating and fulfilling workplace environment.
Kering is committed to building a diverse workforce. We believe diversity in all its forms – gender, age, nationality, culture, religious beliefs and sexual orientation – enriches the workplace. It opens up opportunities for people to express their talent, both individually and collectively and it helps foster our ability to adapt to a changing world. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome and consider applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of their background.
Fixed Term (Fixed Term)
KERING AUSTRALIA PTY LTD