Founded by Spanish-born Cristóbal Balenciaga in 1917 and established in Paris in 1937, the iconic French fashion house defined the concept of modernity and elegance through the mastery of techniques and the use of innovative fabrics.
Since his appointment as artistic director of the collections in 2015, Demna Gvasalia continues to uphold the vision of Cristóbal Balenciaga through his exquisite techniques, masterful cuts and by constantly pushing boundaries.
Reporting directly to the Accessories Design team, you will work closely with one of the designers. In this context, your main tasks will be to:
- Support during the full design development process
- Conduct iconographic research
- Create detailed sketches and description with measurement using photoshop/illustrator
- Assist with the creation of sketches for look books and showroom
- Provide a daily support to the design team (mood boards, meetings organization, prototypes)
- Help during fittings and the show
Design or fashion school graduate with a project or internship in jewelry
Proficiency in Photoshop & Illustrator
Attention to details, rigorous
Fluent in English. A 3rd language is a plus.
At this stage of your application process, please note that Balenciaga does not accept any portfolio including personal work, but instead inspirational mood boards of existing and published works and material.
The position is to be filed middle of January 2021
Student (Fixed Term) (Trainee)