Description de l'offre
Advanced Sterilization Products Inc., a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is currently recruiting for a Scientist 1 position located in Irvine, CA.
ASP (Advanced Sterilization Products), a member of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies, is a leading designer and developer of innovative instrument sterilization, high-level disinfection and cleaning technologies. The company is dedicated to providing infection prevention solutions that create the safest possible environments for patients, healthcare providers and communities. ASP is based in Irvine, California with offices around the world. For more information, please visit www.aspjj.com or follow us at www.Twitter.com/aspjj .
The Scientist 1 will use knowledge of scientific techniques to culture and test spores used in the biological indicator manufacturing process. The individual must be able to adhere to established quality standards to ensure all products manufactured meets product acceptance criteria.
· Under limited supervision, culture and test bacterial spores for the biological indicator manufacturing process in accordance with cGMP and SOPs.
· Conducts daily area clean up to maintain lab cleanliness in accordance to established cGMP procedures
· Prepares and reviews batch records in accordance to cGDP.
· Performs preventative maintenance procedures and maintain laboratory equipment in accordance to established standard operating procedures.
· Use and application of standard principles, theories, and concepts in the field is required as well as the possible requirement of working knowledge of other related disciplines to facilitate process corrections as directed by supervisor.
· Expected to contribute and support experiments and the development of methodologies.
· Provides basic developmental and technical support of both new and existing products.
· Performs basic check to ensure quality products and data is produced in adherence to applicable regulations.
· Assists in projects and participates on cross functional teams.
· Works on projects under the guidance of process leaders and project facilitators.
· Assists in investigating and troubleshooting product deviations and production issues using technical and scientific diagnostic methods as directed by the supervisor.
· Assists in coordinating activities and maintaining detailed documentation of development on projects and on teams in which this incumbent is a member.
· A Bachelor's Degree in Microbiology, Biology, or related field of study is required.
· 0-2 years of experience in a GMP environment required.
· Knowledge of cGMP's and cGDP's required.
· Basic laboratory knowledge and experience working in aseptic environment required.
· Knowledge of SAP inventory management system preferred.
· Experience working in a FDA regulated environment.
· Familiar with FDA regulations.
· Experience in microscopy, gram staining, serial dilutions, micropipetting, pH testing, agar preparation, bacterial culture, centrifugation.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.