There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Waterloo
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Staff Engineer - 57498
As a Staff Engineer for the Product Engineering Center, located in Waterloo, IA, you will design, develop, and integrate software and hardware components to automate existing tractor products. In addition, you will:
· Think creatively and provide innovative solutions to complex, system-level problems capturing system requirements and translating them into functional technology demonstrators
· Collaborate with other Deere units such as the Intelligent Solutions Group and the Technology Centers to develop highly automated solution systems
· Identify and develop new or improved tractor features based on advanced controls or artificial intelligence
· Coordinate engineering resources that span multiple organizations
· Manage projects, gather information, create new concepts, design and evaluate prototypes, and prepare business cases
· Transfer newly developed technology to a product development team
· Ensure that new, superior technologies are utilized in products
· Provide technical direction and leadership to the tractor division
· Provide leadership within the technical discipline
· Perform technological research and development with minimal direction
· Explore and assess the technical and business implications of pursuing previously unexplored technologies
· Provide in-field technical support for customer testing and management project demos
Visa sponsorship IS available for this position.
What Skills You Need
· 3 or more years of experience in Electrical and/or Software Engineering performing analysis, design, and testing for embedded software projects
· 2 or more years of design experience and testing features or systems designed to automate tasks for an operator
· Demonstrated strong communication skills between peers and various levels of Management
· In-depth knowledge of off-highway machine systems, functions, and control strategies
· Experience working in a geographically distributed collaborative environment
· Knowledge of electronic circuits and components with the ability to read schematics and data sheets
· Ability and willingness to travel up to 10% (both domestic and international)
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
· Knowledge of production agriculture systems or relevant farm experience
· Basic knowledge of perception sensors, classification algorithms and techniques
· Familiarity with and a desire to learn artificial intelligence
· Knowledge of electro-hydraulics and powertrain applications
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
· Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Software, or Mechanical Engineering
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Agricultural, Electrical, Engineer, Embedded, Engineering, Agriculture, Technology