There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Dubuque
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Powertrain Engineer - 60696
As a Powertrain Engineer for John Deere Construction and Forestry (C&F) located in Dubuque, IA, you will be responsible for design, verification, and modeling of engine, engine auxiliary, cooling, and/or exhaust components for Excavator Machine forms. In addition, you will:
· Participate in all design related aspects of the Deere product delivery process for powertrain functional areas
· Provide technical evaluation and feedback support for powertrain functional areas during the PDP Project Phases
· Support production launches, PDP Physical Builds at our China factory and problem resolution in the field
· Support field warranty reduction through problem resolution
· Contribute to product design guidelines and engineering analysis procedures for Excavators
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
What Skills You Need
· Strong communication and organizational skills
· 1 or more years of design experience through internship, coops or project experience
· Product design skills in the areas of engine or cooling system design
· Experience with 3D modeling packages and modeling tools, including ProE or CREO
· Experience with data acquisition and data post processing
· Ability and willingness to travel internationally, up to 25%
What Makes You Stand Out
· Direct excavator machine form experience
· Mandarin language skills
· International experience
Education (or equivalent work experience)
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Nearest Major Market: Dubuque
Job Segment: Engineer, Construction, Intern, Engineering, Entry Level