There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here, the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. RIGHT NOW.
Title: 58361- Product Engineer - 58361
Primary Location: China (CN) - Tianjin (CN-12) - Tianjin
Organizational Group: WW C&F
Personnel Area: YN01 - JD Tianjin Construction Works
Function: Product Engineering
* This position will be in Loader Powertrain design team, and responsible for machine performance calculation and drivetrain system design for Product Delivery Process (PDP) programs or Continuous Improvement (CI) projects.
* Executes high level applications to more complex problems.
* Analyzes assignments and determines engineering specifications which must be fulfilled for complex problems or projects of moderate scope.
* Produces and/or evaluates possible design solutions to improve cost, quality and performance based on specialized knowledge of engineering applications.
* Compiles and furnishes necessary information (engineering decisions and reports of pertinent design analyses data) to document the design solution required for building of prototypes and adoption of the design with possible involvement of other functional engineers, supply management and/or supplier personnel.
* Provides technical support to marketing, manufacturing, quality and supply management organizations. Work with Marketing team to supply machine information for Loader product brochure update .
* Develops and/or executes test or analysis plan for product verification and validation to make sure meet design spec and customer needs .
* Applies knowledge of company products, policies and practices to provide economies through standardization of parts and products. ;
What Skill You Need:
* Skill in using company information systems and processes. - Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
* Skill in using computer aided design and/or engineering tools. - Performs more complexfunctions, understands principles, may teach others.
* Knowledge of the Enterprise Product Development Process (EPDP) and/or Customer Acquisitions Process (CAP). - Has a good understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
* Understanding of Deere construction products - Performs more complex functions, understands principles, may teach others.
* Knowledge/familiarity with machines manufactured by competitors. - Has a good understandingof the principles and can independently use the knowledge.
* Knowledge in engineering principles, theory and practice as well as product knowledge. - Has agood understanding of the principles and can independently use the knowledge;
What Make You Stand Out:
* Technical experience relating to design/Powertrain/hydraulic systems. - 1 - 3 years
* Product engineering experience. - 3 - 5 years
* Experience with construction equipment . - 1 - 3 years;
At least Bachelor Degree in a Mechanical /Vehicle Engineering discipline or equivalent experience
This position will be posted for a minimum of 7 business days and unposted when a qualified pool of candidates is achieved. This position is only eligible for the Chinese citizenship employees, or who have the work authorization in China.
Job Segment: Hydraulics, Manufacturing Engineer, Engineer, Construction, Information Systems, Engineering, Technology