Supervises a team of porters during scheduled work periods (including weekends and overtime periods), or when the custodial work force is split into work crews, or when performing special/detail cleaning projects, such as summer clean-up, shampooing upholstery, extracting carpets, power spraying porches, cleaning vents or wall coverings. (including weekends and overtime periods), or when the custodial work force is split into work crews, or when performing special/detail cleaning projects, such as summer clean-up, shampooing upholstery, extracting carpets, power spraying porches, cleaning vents or wall coverings.
2. Assists with the development of an effective team of custodial personnel by instructing employees in the proper methods and use of cleaning materials and equipment and providing corrective guidance and assistance when necessary to meet established performance standards.
4. Assists with the annual property inventory by physically counting (by property number) various custodial equipment assigned to the department such as floor buffers and waxers, vacuum cleaners, and wet/dry vacuums.
5. Assists the manager in ensuring that specified contract cleaning services are completed as contracted by performing sight inspections of areas designed by the manager and advising the manager when shortcomings or other deficiencies are noted.
6. Performs regular, scheduled, and directed floor and stairs maintenance by using manual tools and equipment or operating powered floor machines to sweep, vacuum, and mop floors and stairs, and strip and wax floors according to prescribed guidelines or specific directions.
7. Cleans building furnishings (which may require limited moving of those furnishings) within assigned area by dusting, washing, and/or polishing office furniture and equipment such as desks, chairs, tables, word processing cabinets, bookcases, file cabinets, end tables, lamps, handrails, heat and air conditioning registers, trophy cases, ash stands, and similar fixtures.
8. Ensures that lavatories and restrooms are clean and sanitary by following prescribed procedures for sweeping, washing and/or scrubbing the restrooms, using specific chemicals for foaming and/or disinfecting facilities, restocking all appropriate paper products, refilling soap dispensers, replacing sanitary disposal liners, and removing all trash and waste products from lavatories and restrooms.
9. Washes all interior glass, including windows, mirrors, and door glass by using glass cleaners and squeegees and paper wipes according to prescribed guidelines or specific directions for use of the cleaners.
12. Removes all trash from assigned areas by collecting trash from various trash containers and receptacles, transporting the trash to designated outside trash dumpsters, and emptying the trash into the dumpsters.
13. Removes all recyclable materials from assigned areas by collecting the recyclable materials from the various labeled containers, transporting the recyclable materials to designated outside recycling dumpsters, and emptying the recyclable materials into the dumpster, ensuring that the dumpster is locked when after dumping.
14. Uses cleaning chemicals properly and safely by wearing prescribed protective clothing, masks, and/or rubber gloves and boots, following either written or verbal directions for mixing chemical compounds according to specifications, applying the cleaning chemicals properly on surfaces or items designated for their use, and disposing of residual chemical products as directed or storing and labeling them for future use.
15. Contributes to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds.
16. Education: A high school diploma or the equivalent is required. However, significant custodial experience beyond that required for the position may be substituted for the required formal education.
17. Experience: At least two years of experience in custodial services, which includes knowledge of cleaning procedures, equipment and supplies, is required.
18. Requires the ability to lift and carry custodial supplies and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis, prolonged walking or standing and frequent bending, stooping, and reaching on a daily basis.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jll.com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.