Job Title: Operating Engineer
· JOB SUMMARY
Seeking an Operating Engineer for a high-level client located in midtown Manhattan. This is a forward-facing customer focused role, requiring exceptional customer service and communication skills. Ideal candidate will possess the following customer service and interpersonal skills:
· Project a professional appearance, outgoing and energetic personality.
· Strong belief in customer service and professionalism. Strong sense of team –What you can bring to it, and what you need from it.
· Self –motivated, self-starter. High energy individual that likes challenges and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Proven ability to anticipate, identify, and own problems, following up with the best possible solution for team and manager review.
· Ability to meet and work well with all levels of management. Ability to multi task, remain calm, professional and pleasant at all times.
· Possess strong skills in written and verbal communication.
· Flexible with shifting work schedule.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Work includes installation, repair, and maintenance of critical and non-critical electrical, mechanical, and plumbing/piping equipment, machinery and controls located in the interior of a corporate office facility within a larger multi-tenant building.
· Monitors operations and conducts a routine and on-going assessment of the building systems operations and performance.
· Performs tests, rounds and analyzes data to ensure the proper functioning of equipment.
· Work requires strong formal conduct of operations skills, technical expertise, personal accountability, and flawless execution of work activities.
· At the direction of supervisor, maintains, monitors, and performs preventive, predictive, and corrective maintenance on all equipment, which may include the following: mechanical (including HVAC, computer room air conditioners, and plumbing) electrical (including UPS, DC battery systems), , fire detection and suppression, life safety, lighting, temperature control systems, building management systems).
· Also responsible for operation and maintenance of non-critical equipment such as refrigeration, heat exchanger, HVAC, electrical, hot water systems. Monitors operation, adjusts and maintains air conditioning equipment; pumps, valves, piping and filters; other mechanical and electrical equipment; record readings and make adjustments where necessary to ensure proper operation of equipment.
· Oversees work efforts (including 3rd party contractors) for the safe and compliant operation, maintenance (corrective and preventive), and modification of equipment.
· Experience and skills with Electrical repair and troubleshooting – ballasts and light bulb changes.
· Install and repair plumbing /piping/tubing as required.
· Responsible for interior drywall upkeep, i.e. small drywall patching, sanding, touch-up painting, office painting, corner guard installations, etc.
· Receive and execute work orders for preventative and corrective maintenance on building systems. Consult with Lead Building Engineer or supervisor to order necessary materials to complete all maintenance and perform necessary work. Finalize work orders by completing necessary documentation in the computerized maintenance management system.
· Respond immediately to emergency situations (fire, evacuation, equipment failure, etc.) and customer concerns.
· Perform Building Management System Console operations.
· Comply with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials. Maintain a clean and safe workplace.
· Participate in local professional trade organizations and training programs in order to stay current with technological trends of the industry.
· Performs other duties as required to meet clients’ objectives and acts in other capacities when required.
· 4+ years’ experience in critical environment operations, maintenance, and/or engineering supporting critical facilities operations
· Minimum of 4 years’ experience in electrical, HVAC trade
· Minimum of 4 years’ experience in backup systems (UPS)
· Mechanical, electrical, plumbing and fire suppression system knowledge of commercial/critical facilities required.
· Must be proficient in basic computer applications and software such as MS Office, E-Mail, and CMMS systems etc.
· Strong electrical background, including troubleshooting and ballast changing
· Background including plumbing, painting and basic carpentry
· High School diploma or GED equivalent
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here .
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jl..com . This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.