What this job involves:
Greasing the wheels of day-to-day operations
You will be involved in the overall upkeep of plant and facilities equipment to ensure smooth daily operations. To do this, you’ll need to regularly inspect all equipment rooms and other facilities, and take note of any problems using the predefined checklists. Also part of your responsibilities is to walk the duty technicians through weekend work plans, and give out technical recommendations, as needed.
Being the front line for maintenance needs
Our clients will come to you for equipment fixes, so you’ll be expected to be skilled in carrying out repairs. At the same time, you should always be ready to get hold of vendors to do maintenance work at a moment’s notice. On top of this, you’ll also have to speed up any required equipment moves, adds and changes implementation. In every decision or action you will make, you’ll need to keep in mind that you follow local governmental rules and regulations to avoid any legal troubles.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintain and repair locks, locking mechanisms, closers, doors.
· Maintain and complete documentation for fire extinguishers, fire doors, fire walls sprinkler system, hydrants.
· Inspection plumbing components including toilets, urinals, lavatories, flush valves, water fountains, sinks, drains, water heaters, piping, and sump pumps.
· Manage painting building interior and exterior surfaces and all decoration works.
· Perform general Handyman tasks, building checks and inspections.
· Maintain the documentation for shelves, racks, trolleys and ladders.
· Perform portable appliances testing, changing of light bulbs, etc.
· Assist the engineering team with different regular checks and preventive maintenance activities.
· Carry out all works in an appropriately health and safety conscious manner following material safety instructions and using, permits to work, risk assessments, method statements where appropriate to do this.
· Wear personal protective equipment when conditions require or when required to do so by the relevant risk assessment, method statement or mandatory signage.
· Where required to provide regular reports (Daily, weekly, monthly as required) to your line manager regarding the tasks performed.
· Health & Safety – perform weekly safety checks to ensure that the workplace is kept clean and tidy.
· Resolve customer issues in a friendly and co-operative manner with politeness and courtesy.
Sound like you? To apply, you need to be:
Certified and experienced
Are you certified to do electrical or mechanical repair? Have you worked in a facilities and maintenance role before? If yes, then you are who we’re looking for!
Good-natured and customer-oriented
Can you clearly report issues and problems and provide clear instruction to repair bugs and malfunctions? To serve clients the best way possible, good communication skills—both written and spoken—will also be indispensable for this role. Can you speak or write in English and Chinese? That’ll be a big plus!
What we can do for you:
At JLL, we make sure that you become the best version of yourself by helping you realize your full potential in an entrepreneurial and inclusive work environment. We will empower your ambitions through our dedicated Total Rewards Program, competitive pay and benefits package.
JLL Privacy Notice
JLL, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement .
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.