As a member of our Software Engineering Group you will dive head-first into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You’ll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to improving the design, analytics, development, coding, testing and application programming that goes into creating high quality software and new products. You’ll be tasked with keeping the team and other key stakeholders up to speed on the progress of what’s being developed. Coming in with an understanding of the importance of end-to-end software development-such as Agile frameworks-is key. And best of all, you’ll be working with and sharing ideas, information and innovation with our global team of technologists from all over the world.
You will support the development of the investment initiatives and the ongoing enhancement
of Global Fund Accounting Technology's applications. Primary activities include deployment and configuration of enterprise level vendor software packages as well as development and deployment of "home-grown" tools and interfaces.
Qualified candidates should have development and/or support experience, active participation in both long and short term project delivery, a proven track record of delivering multiple workstreams simultaneously, and a understanding of risk management and application security. Knowledge of mutual fund processing and related businesses is a plus.
This Software Engineer role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
· BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
· Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
· Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
· Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
· Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
· Working knowledge of J2EE application design, coding, support, and deployment in an enterprise environment
· Usage of code deployment automation tools and scripting (experience setting these up is preferred)
· Experience with multi-tiered / service oriented architectures
· Database design and programming skills (Oracle PL/SQL preferred)
· Unix/Linux command line and shell scripting
· Capable of communicating effectively with peers and management team
· Ability to grasp core concepts quickly and strong desire to learn more
Additional Skill Set (Desirable)
· Experience working with performance profiling and tuning software
· Installation/configuration of Linux (RedHat), Tomcat webserver, and/or Windows 2012 server in an enterprise environment
· Knowledge of Sungard InvestOne/Asset Arena products
· Experience interfacing with CICS mainframe hosted applications