As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand .
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
The avant-garde InterContinental Genève embodies the refreshing, elevated perspective on luxury art de vivre in the world’s City of Peace.
Your day to day
Join us as a Maintenance Technician M/F :
For this key role, reporting to the Director of Engineering, your main duties will be :
· Respond and attend to guest repair requests during day and night shifts.
· Be available for any emergencies and act in an engineering capacity to protect guests and colleagues, and preserve the building and its systems during the emergency.
· Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to the company standards, anticipate and address guests.
· Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, and boiler systems.
· Perform maintenance activities in the guest room like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners/HVAC and AC ducts.
· Perform maintenance activities in hotel public areas like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, plumbing and electrical equipment.
· Program TVs and perform engineering-related inventory duties.
· Test, troubleshoot and perform basic repair on all types of equipment.
What we need from you
With a higher education in Maintenance, Electrical Engineering or equivalent, you have at least 3-5 years of experience in a similar position within a hotel of the same category and capacity (4- to 5- star hotel, +200 rooms). You must have knowledge of building mechanical systems and controls, energy management and building maintenance skills. An electrical certification would be a strong asset.
You are fluent in English and French, at a C1 level minimum. Mastering a third foreign language of one of our target markets (Germany, China, India, Italy, Middle East, Netherlands, Russia) is highly desirable.
You are a real team player and you are able to handle multiple tasks and to prioritize assignments. You possess a significant attention to details and you have good problem-solving skills. You are dynamic and used to work in a fast-paced environment.
This position is opened to Swiss and EU citizens.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including a uniform, great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve. Visit www.http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us.