As the world's largest family of luxury hotels, we all take great pride in being genuine ambassadors of the InterContinental® brand .
Shaped by decades of international know-how and local insights, our passion for luxury travel spans cultures and customs. Inspiring us to create warm and sophisticated experiences for those seeking a richer perspective on the world.
Each of our hotels cultivates a distinctive style and ambience where we embrace every opportunity to give our guests a personal and enriching experience.
If you'd like to embrace a wider world of experiences and opportunities, we'd like to welcome you to the world's most international luxury hotel brand.
The avant-garde InterContinental Genève embodies the refreshing, elevated perspective on luxury art de vivre in the world’s City of Peace.
Your day to day
Join us as our new Kitchen Intern M/F :
Under the supervision of a Chef de Partie, your main duties will be to:
· Ensure the setup of your section and perform the first food preparation.
· Prepare all food items for a la carte and/or buffet menus according to the hotel’s recipes and standards.
· Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions.
· Maintain proper rotation of food products in all refrigerators to minimize waste/spoilage.
· Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate. Receive and store supplies.
· Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment.
· Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards.
· Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverages.
What we need from you
Student in a Swiss Hospitality School, you ideally already have a previous F&B experience and you have a good knowledge of gastronomy. You possess knowledge of HACCP norms and hygiene standards.
You are fluent in English and French. Mastering another foreign language of one of our target markets (Germany, China, India, Italy, Middle East, Netherlands, Russia) is highly desirable.
Highly motivated and focused, you can follow instructions accurately and work under pressure. You are acknowledged for your meticulous work, your attention to detail and your “can do” attitude. You are approachable and friendly and you like to share your passion with your colleagues and guests.
This position is to be filled as of October 2020 and opened to students eligible for a B or G work permit.
What we offer
We’ll reward all your hard work with a great salary and benefits – including great room discount and superb training.
Join us and you’ll become part of the global IHG family – and like all families, all our individual team members share some winning characteristics. As a team, we work better together – we trust and support each other, we do the right thing and we welcome different perspectives. You need to show us you care: that you notice the little things that make a difference to guests as well as always looking for ways to improve. Visit http://careers.ihg.com to find out more about us and apply or send us your application at firstname.lastname@example.org .