Are you looking for the right opportunity to 'get your foot in the door' of the world's largest hotel company? Would you enjoy working behind the scenes in a busy food and beverage operation? The InterContinental Mark Hopkins San Francisco is looking for a highly-motivated, self-starter to help support their In-Room Dining Team (a.k.a. Room Service).
Your day to day
Handle room service orders via phone from guests. Ensure orders are accurately posted to the appropriate guest account.
What we need from you
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Answer the telephone within prescribed number of rings. Efficiently and professionally handle multiple incoming calls at once.
· Articulate and repeat each order to the guest before hanging up. Use guest name and title.
· Follow established script to encourage up-selling.
· Give guest the approximate time of delivery.
· Correctly enter all pertinent information of an order including special items, cooking meat instructions, no seasoning (MSG, salt), etc.
· Close checks to correct guest’s room account.
· Print reports and/or complete paperwork at the end of shift.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Coordinate VIP deliveries with appropriate departments.
· May assist with other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Minimum: Basic reading, writing, and math skills. Previous experience in a customer service position.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Handle multiple incoming calls
· Working with a keyboard
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when taking room service orders and interacting with guests, cooks, and supervisor.
· Alcohol awareness certification and/or food service permit or valid health/food handler card as required by local or state government agency.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when recording orders, completing paperwork, etc.
· Basic math skills are frequently used when recording and adding guest checks.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
Join an industry leader committed to providing competitive wages and benefits, including but not limited to, medical/dental/vision coverage, 401k, paid vacation and holidays as well as 'room to grow' and advance in an equal opportunity environment rich in its diversity. EOE M/F/V/D