Do you see yourself as a Housekeeping Supervisor? What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team. We currently have a Housekeeping Supervisor position available at - IHG Army Hotels - Fort Leavenworth property located in Fort Leavenworth, KS.
Your day to day
Supervise and inspect the work of assigned room and/or public area attendants to ensure product quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to hotel guests according to hotel and company business objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Assist with scheduling and room assignments to assure proper coverage.
· Monitor performance and recommend disciplinary action in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
· Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
· Inspect all assigned areas to ensure furnishings, guest rooms/suites, equipment, linens, and public areas are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction. Advise employees of deficiencies and instruct on corrective action. Provide adequate retraining as needed.
· Inspect storage rooms and room attendant carts for neatness, cleanliness, adequate supplies, and good repair.
· Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
· Control expenses and minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
· Complete all paperwork and closing duties such as filling out supply requisitions, maintenance request forms, and updating log books, etc.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
· May perform all housekeeping duties necessary including making beds and vacuuming and cleaning guest rooms to ensure guest satisfaction.
· Report, turn in, and/or log all lost and found items according to established procedures.
· May regularly assist with deep cleaning projects.
· May assist with other duties as assigned.
What we need from you
High School Diploma or equivalent plus 1-2 years housekeeping experience, preferably in a hotel of similar size and complexity, including some supervisory training/experience. Must speak fluent English.
The job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 200 pounds.
· Frequently standing up and moving about the facility.
· Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility.
· Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling.
· Good communication skills to interact with guests and employees
· Good reading and writing skills to be utilized when compiling departmental records, logs, or paperwork.
· Basic mathematical skills are used occasionally.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which may include healthcare support, dental, vision, disability and life insurance support, and a matching 401k plan. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount programs and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself. So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
IHG is an equal opportunity employer: Minorities / Females / Disabled / Veterans.