When you join us at IHG®, you become part of our global family. We have a purpose to create Great Hotels Guests Love through delivering our brand promise of True Hospitality for everyone.
We know there’s no one quite like you, your talents, dreams and interests make you who you are and that’s what we want at IHG.
You may not have heard of IHG, but the chances are you aware of our brands!
IHG is one of the largest hotel companies in the world, with a family of brands including InterContinental, Holiday Inn and Crowne Plaza.
We believe the culture at IHG is unique as it’s created by our people and founded on strong values. These values are our Winning Ways and they are a set of beliefs and behaviours that are important to us and our customers – that’s one of the reasons why we’ve been certified as a Top Employer UK 2018 by the Top Employers Institute.
Your day to day
As the Global Treasury Accountant, you will be responsible for developing strong relationships across the wider company finance function including the Company Secretariat, Treasury team, Internal Audit and Group Tax.
You will also liaise with external audit providers and relationship managers of the Group’s bankers. You will have strong understanding of IHG’s business processes and where necessary identify potential improvements to current activities.
Key responsibilities will include:
· Preparing quarterly reporting schedules and reconciliations for Director, Treasury Back Office and Europe financial reporting team.
· Performing monthly review and explanation of FX variances in the Group treasury entity.
· Supervising daily upload of FX rates, reviewing rate movements on a monthly basis and preparation of monthly closing and average rate schedules for use by other IHG departments.
· Reviewing variable rate internal loans and ensuring that interest rates reset correctly on a quarterly basis.
· Responsible for confirming authenticity, authorising and releasing outgoing payments and maintaining an adequate audit trail.
· Deactivating deals in the treasury system and ensuring that all the effects of deactivation are checked and documented.
· Assisting with preparation of quarterly compliance certificates required by lenders.
· Reviewing the fair values of currency swap valuations per the Bank monthly confirmations and comparing to internally produced valuations on a monthly basis.
· Maintaining SOX documentation, including flowcharts and process notes.
· Liaising with internal and external auditors including SOX for all payments and access review related controls.
· Preparing quarterly accounting papers, tax project accounting, improving the back-office systems and processes and other items as directed by the Director Treasury Accounting.
What we need from you
You will have proven 'hands on' experience gained within a Treasury focused accounting role ideally gained within a fast paced, corporate environment.
Your treasury experience will include a thorough understanding of treasury transactions and instruments.
With strong communication skills you will have the ability to build relationships with key stakeholders both internally and externally.
What we offer
At IHG, we promise to recognise you for great work and give you the tools needed to build a successful career with us and you will have chance to work with a great set of people.
This role is based in our modern, newly refurbished office in Branston, Staffordshire.
Easily accessible from Birmingham, Nottingham and Leicester, we provide free car parking onsite as well as a free onsite gym and a subsidised restaurant.
But most of all… we’ll give you room to be yourself!
Hit apply if you think you have the skills we’re looking for!
Closing date for all applications: 8th November 2019