Kimpton Fitzroy London are looking for an Assistant Meeting & Events Operations Manager to join the team.
Kimpton enchants our guests through a mix of boutique destinations bound together by warm, genuine service, superlative style, distinctive perks, and addictive industry irreverence. Kimpton Fitzroy London has 334 beautifully designed guest rooms and suites complete with its own unique Restaurants & Bars. Kimpton Fitzroy London is the European Flagship for the group and is proud to be part of the IHG family.
Your day to day will include…
· Maintaining a healthy relationship between all staff members including agency staff ensuring there is a successful working atmosphere within the team
· Ensure staff are properly trained on quality and service standards, has the necessary tools and equipment and are empowered to carry out job duties
· Manage day to day staffing requirements, plan and assign work. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help improve team member’s performance
· Ensure the security and proper storage of events food and beverage products and equipment
· Take responsibility for the successful running of all events from meetings for two up to Ballroom events for 400 guests whilst ensuring all organisers and delegates leave the premises happy
· Ensure that all Event space is cleaned, vacuumed and properly stocked according to anticipated business volume. Notify Engineering immediately of any maintenance and repairs needed
· Perform tasks as directed by the Meeting & Events Operations Manager in pursuit of the business goals set by the department
As our Assistant Meetings & Events Operations Manager you will be expected to manage the day to day operation from an organisational perspective, whilst running a very busy Meetings and Events Floor. The Assistant Meeting & Events Operations Manager will support the Events Operations Team by supervising team leaders, supervisors and agency staff to ensure a smooth & efficient running operation. The position reports directly into the Meeting & Events Operations Manager and provides immediate support both on the floor and in the office. He/she will provide a highly personalised service which meets all clients’ needs and aspirations and brings the event service to the next level of quality.
What we offer
· Competitive Salary plus Great IHG Perks!
· 28 days holiday each year, including bank holidays, this increases annually up to a maximum of 33 days
· Excellent employee recognition programmes
· Discounted international room rates for yourself, family and friends
· Refer a friend bonus
· Vast range of learning and development programmes
· Opportunities for promotion and transfer across the group
· Meals whilst on duty
If you feel this role could be for you then please apply below!