At Crowne Plaza ® , we want our guests to feel able to do their best, achieve their goals and be recognized for their success. We’re Making Business Travel Work by Bringing Humanity to Business Travel. We challenge the old world of business that’s overly formal, rigid and where guests feel like a room number not a person. We embrace the new world of business with caring and flexibility – through hotel colleagues who Dare to Connect!
Dare to Connect is how we describe the Service Style at Crowne Plaza hotels. It shows we’re thinking and acting differently. We’re connecting with guests – and each other – in a more personal way. We’re showing our personalities (and sharing a little of ourselves) and learning more about the other person… as a person, not as a room number or a co-worker. When we Dare to Connect, it means we:
Dare to Make the First Move … we are proactive and positive… we are the first to greet and say hello, and the first to take action and help our guests.
Adapt to the Moment … we might not be mind readers, but we can read our guest’s moods and needs and then change our pace, tone and take action so we can help a guest when they need it.
Relate to Business Needs … we know that Modern Business Travelers need to be productive, so we make sure we prioritize the right things that help our guests do what’s important.
Enable Quality Downtime … we know our guests want more from their trip than just business, so we make an effort to get to know them and give them recommendations that help them make the most out of their free time.
Your day to day
Assist in managing the housekeeping and laundry operation to ensure product quality standards are met and that optimum service is provided to hotel guests according to hotel and company business objectives. Serve as Executive Housekeeper in his/her absence.
· Assist in controlling expenses and minimizing waste in all areas of housekeeping. Participate as needed in the preparation of the annual departmental operating budget and financial plans which support the overall objectives of the hotel.
· Monitor performance and recommend/initiate disciplinary or other staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies. Alert management of potentially serious issues.
· Ensure all staff is properly trained and have the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their respective job duties.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments. Key departmental contacts include Front Office, Maintenance, and Food and Beverage.
· Interact with outside contacts:
· Guests – to ensure their total satisfaction
· Vendors/Contractors – to ensure adequate inventory of supplies and equipment, to discuss pricing or service issues, to resolve any vendor performance issues, etc.
· Regulatory agencies – regarding safety and compliance matters
· Other contacts as needed (Professional organizations, community groups, local media)
· Schedule routine inspections of all guest rooms/suites and public areas to ensure furnishings, guest rooms/suites, equipment, housekeeping and food and beverage linens, public restrooms, lobby, etc. are clean and in good repair to meet guest satisfaction.
· Respond to guest complaints, special requests and ensure corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction. May assist in coordinating the special needs and requests of VIP, repeat guests and members of frequency program(s).
· Assist in managing the day-to-day activities of the housekeeping department; schedule employees to ensure proper coverage.
· Conduct pre-shift meeting and review all information pertinent to the day’s activities.
· Assist in maintaining par levels for supplies and equipment. Replenish shortages and other business supplies for daily business.
· May be responsible for the security of lost and found items or coordinate the lost and found function with other departments.
· May assist with deep cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during unanticipated rush periods.
· May serve as “manager on duty” as required.
· May assist with other duties as assigned.
This job is second in command in the housekeeping department. Typically assists in managing a large number of employees in a full-service, luxury, resort, or major flagship hotel. May oversee subordinate supervisors.
What we need from you
Someone who has an experience of 10-15 years in the Housekeeping industry , and at least 5 years minimum experience in the same role in 5-star big property hotel. The candidate must be Muslim, preferably speaking Arabic with transferable Iqama (Residence Permit). Must speak and write English. Preferably in a hotel of similar size and complexity.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
· Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds and pushing and or pulling approximately 200 pounds
· Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
· Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
· Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
· Communication skills are utilized a significant amount of time when interacting with others; demonstrated ability to interact with guests, employees and third parties such as vendors, agencies, etc.
· Reading and writing abilities are utilized often when completing paperwork and management reports, interpreting results, giving and receiving instructions, and training.
· Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances are utilized frequently.
· Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and training abilities are used often.
· May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
What we offer
In return for your hard work, you can look forward to a highly competitive salary and benefits package. What’s more, because your career will be as unique as you are, we’ll give you all the tailored support you need to make a great start, be involved and grow. And because the IHG® brand belongs to the IHG® family of brands, you’ll also benefit from all of the opportunities that come from being part of a successful, global hospitality company with over 5400 hotels in over 100 countries around the world. So, whoever you are, whatever you love doing, bring your passion to IHG® and at IHG we’ll make sure you’ll have room to be yourself. Find out more about joining us today by going to careers.ihg.com