Description de l'offre
Join Iceland Manufacturing Ltd (IML)
Based at our site in Gorton, Manchester we manufacture frozen products for Iceland stores, this is a great opportunity for a Junior Buyer to join our Supply Chain team at an exciting time of growth within Iceland’s food manufacturing site.
We’ve had to adapt to new ways of working to ensure we are protecting our teams in the current climate, but we’re busier than ever, growing our product range and want to ensure all our support functions across site are ready to proactively contribute to the site’s growth.
The role entails commercial responsibility for maximising the delivery of the budgeted financial purchasing KPI (purchase price variance - PPV), by managing the procurement of specific aspects within the product range and delivering a robust buying proposition across all purchasing categories. The Junior Buyer must be customer and product focussed to analyse, plan and deliver compelling Multichannel purchasing propositions in line with Iceland Manufacturing Ltd’s Buying Strategy and company vision.
Role: Junior Buyer
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Hours: 40 hours per week
Shift Pattern: Core working hours between Monday to Friday, typically, 9:00am – 5:00pm (can be discussed further at interview)
Working within the strategic direction set by the Buyer, you will be part of a wider Supply Chain team with a strong focus on maximising the delivery of purchase price variance (PPV), working with suppliers and across multiple purchasing categories. More specifically, your responsibilities will include:
· Developing and implementing sustainable purchasing models for the Vegetable and Herb category and aligning contracting to specific crop calendars maximising the opportunity of competitive costing year on year.
· Building strategic partnerships with the key suppliers within the category whilst driving specific actions in supplier performance through the use of a ‘scorecard system’
· Maintaining manageable stock levels working collaboratively internally and externally on consignment stocked items and developing a well-rounded understanding of material requirements planning (MRP) in the longer term
· Driving improvements in purchasing efficiencies
· Sharing forecasts with suppliers on a weekly and monthly basis
· Demonstrating sound project management to deliver the dry ingredients category tender in 2021
Skills & Experience
· Strong understanding of business management
· Experience of translating market trends into opportunities
· Good commercial understanding products
· Well-rounded negotiation skills
· Good understanding of global sourcing, manufacturing, quality assurance and control
· Have a food or business-related degree relevant to the role
· Understanding of purchasing management
· Well-rounded understanding of the Slimming World Brand & Iceland Foods
· Experience of strategic and tactical development; sourcing and buying
· Budget planning
You’ll be a balanced risk-taker and able to show great attention to detail to ensure that agreed financial plans are delivered. You’ll also have great numeracy skills and able to quickly analysis and interpretation. You’ll enjoy working with lots of different teams across the business, being a great team worker who is organised, communicate effectively and builds rapport easily.
You may have experience of the following: Graduate, Food Manufacturing, Food Factory, Buying, Purchasing, Sourcing, Supply Chain, Operations, NPD Process etc...
Our benefits package includes:
· 25 days holiday, plus 8 days bank holiday
· 10% store discount including double discount weeks
· 30% discount with Club Individual Restaurant Group
· Free parking onsite
· Enhanced maternity/paternity leave
· Employee assistance programme
· Long service awards
· Reward & recognition
· Rewards discount / cashback scheme at over 150 retailers. Categories including shopping, electricals, holidays, restaurants, insurance, and more!
So, if you are up for the challenge and have the desired drive, determination, and experience, please get in touch by sending over by applying now and sending over your CV.
The closing date for this role is Tuesday 23 rd February 2021.
We look forward to hearing from you!