As WMQ Administrator, you are responsible for installation, Configuration, upgradation, administration of WMQ servers.
If you thrive in a dynamic, collaborative workplace, IBM provides an environment where you will be challenged and inspired every single day. And if you relish the freedom to bring creative, thoughtful solutions to the table, there's no limit to what you can accomplish here.
· Performing installation and configuration of WMQ v.6, v.7 - v.9 on UNIX and Windows environment.
· Implementing and supporting the WebSphere MQ Series infrastructure.
· Monitoring and maintaining WMQ objects such as Queue Managers, Queues, channels and listeners.
· Solving issues related to IBM WMQ version 6.0,7.0, 8.0 and 9.0.
· Backup, recovery and upgrades of MQ objects.
· Responsible for providing application level security.
· Gain a solid grasp of the business process, workflows and data.
· Assist in technical specifications and other deliverable documents. Implement appropriate monitoring, alerting and measurements to ensure the health of our environment.
· Develop and document disaster-recovery plans and participate in testing to ensure the environment is recoverable within pre-determined SLAs.
· Provide off-hours support for production applications.
· Develop a deep understanding of applications and integration and bring issues to resolution.
· Monitor application performance and improve response times.
Auto req ID
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0063) IBM India Private Limited
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Minimum 4+ Years' experience in WMQ version 6.0, 7.0 and above with expertise in installation, support, analysis of logs and performance tuning.
· Demonstrable experience in installing and configuring of WMQ v.7 and above on UNIX environments.
· Experience in monitoring Websphere MQ objects such as Queue Managers, Queues, channels and listeners.
· Proficiency in troubleshooting on IBM Websphere MQ version 6.0,7.0 and 8.0, Backup and Recovery and upgrades of MQ and IIB objects.
· Expertise in Disaster Recovery Activity and good knowledge on MQ clustering, MQ Backup and Recovery.
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Proficient in working with high availability environment along with alignment to process (ITIL). Familiarity with MQ securities like SSL and OAM.
· You love collaborative environments that use agile methodologies to encourage creative design thinking and find innovative ways to develop with cutting edge technologies
· Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
· Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
· Proven interpersonal skills while contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
· Up-to-date technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications
Secondary Job Category
Technical Services Specialist
Early Professional Track
Industry Early Professional
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At Global Technology Services (GTS), we help our clients envision the future by offering end-to-end IT and technology support services, supported by an unmatched global delivery network. It's a unique blend of bold new ideas and client-first thinking. If you can restlessly reinvent yourself and solve problems in new ways, work on both technology and business projects, and ask, "What else is possible?" GTS is the place for you!
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.