The primary responsibility of the
Technical Support Analyst
is to provide advanced technical support and act as an escalation resources for internal and external customers in the support of Merge Healthcare products.
This position is located in Daytona Beach, F L
Essential Job Duties
· Takes a self-directed role in the support and resolution of technical issues within the installed base
· Takes inbound calls and makes outbound calls
· Assess complex problems, collects data, establish facts, and documents detailed and accurate information about issues, troubleshooting steps and resolution into CRM
· Owns the customer support experience and resolves customer satisfaction issues by designing & implementing solutions to complex technical problems
· Escalates, owns, and remains focused in driving the resolution of issues through the appropriate channels and teams members, using highly effective communication skills
· Improves customer satisfaction and company profitability by responding quickly to issues, providing frequent and informed updates and resolving issues in a timely manner
· Provides direct input to help continue building the internal and customer facing knowledgebase by documenting root cause & solution details for technical support issues
· Performs preventative maintenance activities & remote software upgrades to ensure system stability for customers
Auto req ID
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Role ( Job Role )
State / Province
Primary job category
(0147) International Business Machines Corporation
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
Up to 10% or 1 day a week
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Strong knowledge of computer hardware such as: workstations, servers & storage devices required
· Strong knowledge of workstation & server OS platforms required
· Strong knowledge of network infrastructure and communication protocols required
· Strong customer service, documentation & communication skills required
· Ability to manage & prioritize multiple work assignments with minimal supervision required
· Ability to work cohesively and effectively in a team environment with employees from all levels within an organization required
· Degree from a Technical College/University or equivalent experience
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· 1-3 years experience using/administering medical information systems such as: RIS, PACS, HIS or EMR solutions.
· Understanding of clinical workflow in a medical imaging environment.
· Familiarity with database technologies such as: SQL, DB2 & Oracle
· Familiarity with DICOM and/or HL-7 standards.
· Familiarity with basic scripting languages such as: Bash, Korn, VB, Java & Perl.
· Bachelor's Degree preferred in one of the following areas: Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Medical Informatics
Secondary Job Category
Other Product Services
Early Professional Track
Not Applicable - Professional Hire
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
New Collar Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
IBM Watson Health is pioneering a new partnership between humanity and technology with the goal of transforming global health and revolutionizing many aspects of the medical and pharmaceutical industries, as well as government sectors. We aspire to improve lives and give hope by delivering innovation to address the world's most pressing health challenges through data and artificial intelligence insights.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.