This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16-month work term commencing May 2020 . It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
As an integral part of the IBM's Cloud and Cognitive strategy, the IBM Sterling portfolio continues to expand, with a focus on a growing Software-as-a-service (SaaS) offerings. To support an expanding client base, and an exciting product roadmap , we are seeking highly skilled and motivated Technical Resolution Specialists to help us leads our clients to success!
This role specializes in performing and enabling remote technical support for the IBM Sterling SaaS offerings hosted on the IBM Cloud.
· Provide remote technical support assistance to customers using problem determination and problem source identification skills
· Recreate client environments and problems to help isolate, debug, and resolve issues
· Establish understanding of IBM Cloud operations while building deep technical skill in emerging technologies and platforms including Docker, Kubernetes
· Utilize technical and negotiation skills to collaborate closely with L3 Support, SaaS Operations/DevOps, Engineering teams to triage issues, and drive quality, scalability, and serviceability into our offerings.
· Act as first-responder and continuously improve application-level monitoring, alerting, and runbooks to deliver a proactive model for SaaS Support
Auto req ID
High School Diploma/GED
Role ( Job Role )
Technical Support Professional
State / Province
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
(0026) IBM Canada Limited - IBM Canada Limitee
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM Business Group
City / Township / Village
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
· Experience writing and debugging of Java / J2EE applications
· Database administration skills and an understanding of SQL
· Unix/Linux/Windows system administration skills
· Proven oral/written communication and organizational skills
· Self motivation and a desire for on-going learning
· Ability to multi-task and re-prioritize under pressure
· Interest to be in a client-facing role, working with leading edge technology and commercial Supply Chain and e-Commerce vendors
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
· Familiarity with Docker or other containerization platforms
· Understanding of Agile Development principles and practices
Secondary Job Category
Other Software Development & Support
Early Professional Track
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, and Syria) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
New Collar Role
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you're looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
About Business Unit
At IBM Cognitive Applications, we build open applications that unlock the power of data for clients, partners, and developers. Running on top of IBM's unique Hybrid, Multi-cloud and AI infrastructures, these applications work across horizontal domains and bring our technology to life for end users. Cognitive Applications unit includes: Watson Customer Engagement, Watson IoT, Watson Media and Weather, Talent & Collaboration, Digital Growth & Commerce, and IBM Developer teams.
IBM's greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.